BRITAIN AND THE BRITISH
• What’s the Queen’s name?
a) Queen Ann I; b) Queen Elizabeth II; c) Queen Margaret II. Answer: b.
• Where does the Changing of the Guard take place?
a) Buckingham Palace; b) Piccadilly Circus; e) Victoria and Albert Museum. Answer: a.
• What is a double-decker?
a) a bus; b) a disco; c) a taxi. Answer: a.
• What is Harrods?
a) bank; b) a department store; c) a school. Answer: b.
• Where can you buy stamps?
a) at the post office; b) at the stationer’s; c) at the tobacconist’s. Answer: a.
• How many pence are there in one pound sterling?
a) 10; b) 100; c) 1000. Answer: b.
• What is the name of the famous stadium in the north of London?
a) Wembley; b) Westminster; c) Wimbledon. Answer: a.
• Which Liverpool band was so popular in the 60s?
a) The Beatles; b) The Police; c) The Rolling Stones. Answer: a.
• Where is Nessie supposed to live?
a) Isle of Man; b) Loch Ness; c) River Thames. Answer: b.
• In Britain, cars are driven on the........side of the road.
a) left-hand; b) right-hand; c) wrong-hand. Answer: a.
• Dame Agatha Christie wrote lots of .........
a) detective stories; b) plays; c) poems. Answer: a.
• Where is Belfast?
a) in Northern Ireland; b) in Scotland; c) in Wales. Answer: a.
• Manchester United is a popular........team.
a) basketball; b) football; c) handball. Answer: b.
• Which famous writer was born in Stratford-upon-Avon?
a) Samuel Beckett; b) James Joyce; c) William Shakespeare. Answer: c.
• Which king had six wives?
a) Henry IV; b) Henry V; c) Henry VIII. Answer: c.