MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
It is the time of the family gathering
It is the time of giving and receiving
It is the time of hope and wishes
It is the time of thinking about other people.
At Christmas play and make good cheer, For Christmas comes but once a year.
• Time has no divisions to mark its passage, there’s never a thunderstorm or blare of trumpets to announce the beginning of a new month or year.
Even when a new century begins it is only we mortals who ring bells and fire off pistols.
• To leave the old with a burst of song,
To recall the right and forgive the wrong;
To forget the thing that binds you fast
To the vain regrets of the year that’s past.
R. B. Beattie
• It’s better not to make New Year’s resolutions than to make one and break it.
• ”Courage,” the Old Year whispers as it ends. ”Weary’s the world, and penitent and sad, waiting the touch to make all mankind friends — yours be the luck and strength to do it, lad!”
H. B. Phillips
• All, all of a piece throughout:
Thy chase had a beast in view;
Thy wars brought nothing about;
Thy lovers were all untrue.
Tis well an old age is out,
And time to begin a new.
J. Dry den
• Nobody shoots at Santa Claus.
A. E. Smith
• Heap on more wood! — the wind is chill;
But let it whistle as it will,
We’ll keep our Christmas merry still.
• Christmas is over and Business is Business.
F. P. Adams
• Of all sound of all bells — (bells, the music highest bordering upon heaven) — most solemn and touching is the peal which rings out the Old Year.
• Now the New Year reviving old Desires, The thoughtful Soul to Solitude retires.
• Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St Nicolas soon would be there.
C. C. Moore
• All minds, ... whether they be men’s or children’s, are little. In this great universe of ours man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect; as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.
... Not believe in Santa Claus? You might as well not believe in fairies... No Santa Claus! Thank God, he lives, and he lives forever. A thousand years from now ... nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.
F. P. Church
• The New born Year
Will soon be due!
The distance is less and less.
Best wishes, friends, to all of you
Best wishes for success!
• Fill the New Year with friendliness
And loving deeds,
And you will have the most exciting year,
That anybody needs!
• Change your dressing gown and dress up,
Change the lamps into candles,
The weekdays into holidays,
The sorrows into joy,
The bad luck into success.
Let love, good health and happiness stay with you forever!