QUIZ ON SOME BRITISH FESTIVALS AND HOLIDAYS
What is the holiday?
• It’s celebrated on January first. Answer New Year’s Day
• It’s celebrated on the Tuesday 40 days before Easter. Answer: Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day).
• This festival is the first day of Lent, 40 days before Easter. Answer: Ash Wednesday.
• It’s celebrated on February 14th. Answer: Valentine’s Day.
• This solemn day is the Friday before Easter. Answer: Good Friday.
• It’s celebrated on the first Sunday, after the first full moon, after March 21st.
Answer: Easter Sunday.
• This festival is held on April first. Answer: April Fools Day.
• This is a bank holiday held on May first. Answer: May Day.
• This holiday used to be held 50 days after Easter but now it is held the last weekend of May.
• This celebration is held the second Saturday in June. Answer: Trooping of the Colour.
• It’s celebrated on October 31st.
• It’s celebrated on November fifth. Answer: Bonfire Night.
• This anniversary is held on November 1 lth or the next Sunday. Answer: Remembrance Sunday.
• It’s celebrated on December 25th. Answer: Christmas.
• This holiday is held on December 26th. Answer: Boxing Day.
Whitsun = Whitsunday [’wɪt’sʌndɪ] — Трійця, Зелені свята