GENERAL KNOWLEDGE QUIZ ABOUT THE USA
• What are the two major parties in the US?
a) the Republicans and the Democrats;
b) the Republicans and the Socialists;
c) the Democrats and the Socialists;
d) the Conservatives and the Democrats.
• How many states are there in the US?
a) 49; b) 50; c) 51; d) 48.
• What do Americans celebrate on July 4th?
a) Flag Day;
b) The Revolution;
c) The Discovery of America;
d) Independence Day.
• In which year was the independence from England declared?
a) 1776; b) 1876; c) 1676; d) 1778.
• Which President freed the slaves?
a) Thomas Jefferson;
b) George Washingtdn;
c) Abraham Lincoln;
d) Henry Ford.
• Who was the civil rights leader who fought through non-violent action?
a) Thomas Paine;
b) Martin Luther King;
c) John Kennedy.
• Who was the first person to walk on the Moon?
a) John Glenn;
b) Jim Lowell;
c) Neil Armstrong.
• What was the name of the ship that brought the Pilgrims to New England in 1620?
• Where’s the White House located?
a) New York;
b) Washington, D.C.;
• What organization tries to find solutions to world problems and disputes?
a) The United Nations;
d) Green Peace.
• What does IMF stand for?
a) International Monetary Foundation;
b) International Monetary Fund;
c) Internal Monetary Foundation;
d) Internal Monetaiy Fund.
• Who said: ’We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal’?
a) Bill Clinton;
b) George Washington;
c) Richard Nixon;
d) Thomas Jefferson.
• Who is eligible for the Office of President?
a) anyone whose children are American;
b) whoever served the army;
c) a natural born citizen;
d) an alien. Answer: c.
• When was the nineteenth amendment to the Constitution giving women the right to vote ratified?
a) 1938; b) 1920; c) 1968; d) 1960.