Pre-intermediate level \ Достатній рівень
Holidays in Ukraine / Свята в Україні
basket ['ba:skɪt] — кошик
celebrate ['selɪbreɪt] — святкувати
church [tʃɜ:tʃ] — церква
congratulate [kən'grӕtjʋleɪt] — вітати
custom ['kʌstəm] — звичай
decorate ['dekəreɪt] — прикрашати
dish [dɪʃ] — страва
Easter ['i:stə] — Великдень
independence [,indɪ'pendəns] — незалежність
relative ['relətɪv] — родич
religious [rɪ'lɪdʒəs] — релігійний
together [tə'geðə] — разом
tradition [tra'dɪʃ(ə)n] — традиція
veteran ['vet(ə)rən] — ветеран
May Day — Першотравень
Victory Day — День ПеремогиДОПОВНИ
There are many _______________ in Ukraine. In winter we celebrate______ ________ and ____________. In spring people usually celebrate ____________, ______________ and __________________. On the 8th of March we congratulate ____________ . Victory Day is on the 9th of __________________ . People always ___________________veterans. My favourite holiday is _______________.
1. Прочитай текст.
Holidays in Ukraine
There are many holidays in Ukraine: New Year’s Day, Christmas, Women’s Day, Easter, May Day, Victory Day, Independence Day and many others.
For many people New Year’s Day and Christmas are favourite holidays. We have a lot of traditions and customs: to decorate the New Year tree, to cook many tasty dishes and give presents to our families and friends. Christmas is a family holiday. We always have a holiday dinner together with our relatives.
On the eighth of March we usually congratulate all girls and women because we celebrate Women’s Day. It’s a tradition to present them flowers and presents.
Easter is a religious holiday. Many Ukrainians go to the churches with Easter baskets.
On the first of May we celebrate May Day. Many people usually go for picnics on this holiday. On the ninth of May people always congratulate veterans because we celebrate Victory Day. I love all holidays because it is time when all our family is together and we are very happy.
2. Підкресли необхідне слово.
1. On the thirty first of December we usually decorate a New Year food / tree / house.
2. Christmas is a teachers / friends / family holiday.
3. On the 8th of March men usually celebrate / congratulate / present women.
4. Many people usually go for picnics / churches / schools on the first of May.
5. On Easter many Ukrainians go to the churches with Easter trees / baskets / presents.
3. Усно дай відповіді на запитання.
1. How do you usually celebrate New Year?
2. Do you have a holiday dinner on Christmas?
3. What do Ukrainians celebrate on the 8th of March?
4. What religious holidays do you know?
5. What do people do on the 9th of May?
6. What is your favourite holiday?
4. Прочитай опис святкових традицій та запиши назву відповідного свята.
1. Many people go to the churches. We usually cook twelve dishes and have a family dinner. It is
2. Women and girls usually get congratulations and presents. Children draw pictures for their mums. It is ___________ .
3. People congratulate veterans and give them flowers and presents. We celebrate this holiday in spring. It is _______________ .
4. It is a religious holiday. Many people go to the churches and bring baskets with traditional bread and coloured eggs. It is _________ .
5. You get many presents and congratulations. Your mum bakes a cake for you. You have a party. It is _______________ .