My working day
Answer the following questions:
1. When does your working day begin?
2. When do you usually wake up?
3. When do you usually get up?
4. What do you do in the morning?
5. When do you usually have your breakfast?
6. When did your classes at school begin?
7. How long did it take you to get to school?
8. Did you like to be late for the lessons?
9. When were your lessons over?
10. What do you usually have for your dinner?
11. How long did it take you to do home assignments?
12. What do you usually do in the evening?
13. Who cooks food for you?
14. In what way do you help your parents about the house?
15. Do you prefer weekends to weekdays? Why?
16. What time do you usually go to bed?
(based on the topic «My Working Day »).
Fill in the missing words:
1. There was little _____ in my life then, all days _____ weekends looked very much the same.
2. I am not ____ , that’s why I hate getting up _____ , but I got used to it.
3. I didn’t take a _____ in the morning, I generally did it late in the evening before going to bed.
4. I had a quick _____ breakfast which consisted of a cup of coffee or tea, a _____ egg or an omelette and cheese or _____ sandwich.
5. Six or seven lessons a day was the ordinary _____ .
6. I seldom had lunch in _____ , because I usually had _____ one in my bag (an apple and a sandwich).
7. While resting, I _____ to music or _____ the newspapers or magazines.
8. I did well _____ the most school subjects without any
9. But I _____ to help my parents about the house, do our _____ and to go to the library.
10. After supper I usually _____ for some time.
Match each word in the left-hand column with the best meaning in the right-hand column. Place the letter of the best definition in the space provided: