Answer the following questions:
1. Where do you live? Describe your flat (house).
2. Is there a lift in your block of flats?
3. Which floor is your flat on?
4. What modem conveniences are there in your flat (house)?
5. How many rooms are there in your flat?
6. Which room is the largest one? Describe it.
7. What furniture is there in your living-room?
8. How long have you lived in your house?
9. How many storeys are there in your house?
10. Is there a yard or a park near your house?
11. When did you move into your flat?
12. Do you have a room for yourself?
13. How is your kitchen furnished?
14. Do you like your flat (house)?
(based on the topic "My Home»).
Fill in the missing words:
1. Kyiv is one of the most ancient _____ located on the _____ banks of the Dnieper River.
2. Our family lives in a new flat in one of the _____ newly built _____ areas.
3. Our flat has all modern _____ : central _____ , running cold and hot water, electricity, _____ and gas.
4. The _____ is very good in our building.
5. In my opinion, it’s quite a modem- _____ flat.
6. My parents don’t like much furniture in the house, so in the living-room there are two armchairs and a sofa, coffee table and a nic _____ carpet on the floor.
7. Opposite the window there is a _____ , but it doesn’t take much _____ in the room.
8. A nice _____ is hanging from the ceiling and there is a _____ lamp to the left of the sofa.
9. We like to _____ our guests in this room.
10. I am very glad to have a room for _____, that’s why I always try to keep it _____ and cosy.
11. I like to listen to the _____ in the evening.
12. In the _____ I keep clean linen and handkerchiefs and in the wardrobe I keep my _____ which I hang on the
13. We are not big-eaters, but we use our kitchen as a _____ where we can have a _____ bout our problems and life.
14. It is important that our house is rather _____ to the underground station and we can _____ get to any place we like.
(based on the text "The Priestley’s House»).
In the spaces provided, mark each true statement T and each false one F:
□ 1. Mr. Priestley lives in a very nice house which is called «The Pines».
□ 2. There is a smooth lawn in front of the house with beds of tulips in it.
□ 3. They sat down in armchairs before the fire, for it was a rather hot and sunny day.
□ 4. Their sitting-room is quite a big room, about 25 feet long by 15 feet wide.
□ 5. There were two comfortable armchairs, a radio and one book case filled with books.
□ 6. They went to the kitchen for dinner.
□ 7. After dinner they went to the garden.
□ 8. Upstairs there were two bedrooms, a bathroom and a lavatory.
□ 9. There are sheets and three blankets on the bed.
□ 10. There wasn’t running water in my room and I had to go to the bathroom to take a shower.