Виконання завдань до підручника «АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА» 7 клас Л.В. Калініної 2015 рік
Unit 7. A CITY TO EXPLORE
7.1. A legend goes
Ex.1 (b), p.193
Mark is thirteen and he is in the Grade 7. Mr. Black is thirty-three. He is an engineer.
Granddad is eighty. He is retired.
Aunt is fifty-two. She is an elementary school teacher.
My elder brother is seventeen. He is a student.
Ann is twenty-five. She studies history in the University.
Ex.2 (b), p.194
The Maryunsky Palace was built in 1744. it is two hundred and seventy-one.
The park of Eternal Glory was built in 1967. it is forty-eight years old.
The Historical Museum was built in 1904. it is one hundred and eleven years old.
The Golden Gates were built in 1019. They are nine hundred and ninety-six years old. St. Andrew Church was built in the 18th century. I is about three hundred years old.
p. 194, (a)
1-b 2-е З-a 4-f 5-е 6-d
Зразок виконання домашнього завдання.
Every big city has main places of interest that become its “visit card”. Eiffel Tower in Paris, big ben in London, Golden Gates in Kyiv.
Golden Gates is a monument with a centuries-old history. It is not only the symbol of modern Kyiv, but also a proof of centuries-old history and also strength and glory of Ukrainian people and state. The architectural monument Golden Gates is one of the rare objects that survived till present days. At the very beginning Golden Gates served as a fortification construction that was built in 9th century.
Yaroslav the Wise, Prince of Kyiv, was the initiator of its building. It was his plan to make them one of the four fortification gates that surrounded Kyiv and protected it from the invaders.
Time to Read
1. They say, he put a cross on the hill and later on people built a church on this spot.
2. According to another legend Kyiv was found by three brothers Kyy, Schek, Khoriv and their sister Lybid.
3. That reminds me the words of our History teacher about Nestor, the ancient Russian Chronicler and his immortal work « The Tale of the Bygone Years».
4. It was in 862 that the Novgorod Prince Oleh and his army reached the hills of Kyiv.
5. Look out there, please Am I right to believe that those two hills were named after the other two brothers, Schekavitsa and Khorevitsa?
6. By the way, tomorrow is the last Sunday of may, that is Kyiv day.
Time to Communicate Look of this small toy-like structure. It’s St. Andrews Church. As legend goes, St. Andrew predicted that a magnificent city would appear there.
They say he put a cross on the hill and later on people built a church on this spot.. It was named after him. When the Novgorod prince Oleh conquered the city and it was officially announced to be the capital of Kyivan Rus.
We can find it in the immortal work by Nestor, a famous chronicler.