UNIT 7. THE WORLD OF PAINTING
Цілі: вдосконалювати лексичні навички й навички читання, аудіювання й говоріння; розвивати логічне мислення; виховувати інтерес і повагу до світових цінностей мистецтва.
Bring some portraits to the classroom and compare them with your students using the following questions:
1) Which painting do you prefer? Why?
2) Describe the person in the portrait.
3) How old are they?
4) Are they a man or a lady?
5) What impression does their face say about them?
6) What do you like/dislike about the picture?
7) How does this person look? How do you think he/she feels?
8) Is it similar or different from the first picture?
9) How does the lady look?
10) How do you think she feels?
11) What is the mood of this person?
12) How old do you think this man is?
13) How do you think he feels?
14) How does he make you feel?
15) What is this lady’s face telling you about her?
16) How does the portrait make you feel?
Talk about your preferences in art. (Checking the homework)
Read the Internet page about an art gallery and answer the questions.
1) What is the gallery called?
2) Where is it situated?
3) What art does the gallery specialize?
4) What works of art are represented there?
5) Is it easy to buy pictures there?
6) Is it popular all over the world?
RED RAG GALLERY
5-7 Church Street
Welcome to Red Rag British Art Gallery in Stow-on-the-Wold, a delightful market town and an important shopping centre about 75 miles to the north-west from London.
UK art gallery Red Rag specializes in British and Irish contemporary art, sculptures and Limited Edition Prints representing many leading contemporary artists and Sculptors. The gallery promotes both affordable art and major contemporary art pieces to art collectors worldwide.
Red Rag combines a high street gallery presence with the convenience of an online website. The website covers a number of art topics: British Art Galleries; Art Investment; British Art News and Art Glossary. There is also a comprehensive section on Limited Edition print featuring: top selling prints and featured print artists.
As one of the leading UK Art Galleries Red Rag offers British art for sale every day, so you can buy British art anytime. The gallery also promotes British contemporary art, paintings and modern Sculptures from established and young British Artists online 24 hours a day. Art works available range from affordable art to major pieces for collectors.
Red Rag supplies art for Business or art for home. Whether it is art for Offices or art for Homes there is always interesting contemporary British Art, paintings and sculpture from today’s artists at the gallery. Contemporary art at Red Rag comprise: Landscape paintings, Marine paintings, Still Life paintings, Portrait paintings, Architectural paintings and Abstract paintings. The gallery also offers contemporary sculptures from leading British sculptors.
Red Rag is one of the best known British Art Galleries with a worldwide reputation for fine art quality and service. The gallery represents the best in living British, Scottish and Irish Artists specializing in fine modern art, sculpture, contemporary paintings and Limited Edition Prints.
British Artists who are represented by Red Rag Gallery include those with International standing such as Stephen Brown, George Devlin, Charles Hardaker, Peter Kelly, Janet Ledger, Martin Leman, Steven Outram and William Selby to young emerging artists such as David Farren and Mark Preston.
4. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 8, p. 125.
Do ex. 9, p. 126.
Ex. 7, p. 125.
Bring a piece of art to show it and to tell about it.