UNIT 8. DO YOU LIKE SPORTS?
Цілі: перевірити рівень умінь учнів з усного мовлення.
Choose any of the following topics and speak of it.
Some people think that Ukrainians don’t think much about their health. Tell your foreign friend what you do to be healthy. Give reasons and examples.
1) Do you think you have a healthy life style?
2) What is healthy food?
3) Do you pay much attention to what you eat?
4) Do you think it is more important for you to eat healthy or tasty food?
5) Do you think diets are useful or not?
6) Have you ever tried to go on a diet?
7) Is physical activity (jogging, going to a gym, swimming pool) an important part of a healthy life style?
8) How do you feel about extreme sports?
9) Would you like to try any of these?
10) Does it bother you that people gamble on sporting events?
11) Sometimes sports teams ask the city to help them build a new stadium. Do you think the city should give money for this? Why or why not?
12) When the city helps build a new sports stadium, who benefits the most — the team, the city, the nearby businesses, or the sports fans?
What is a disaster?
1) Have you ever been in a disaster?
2) What are some different kinds of disasters?
3) What kind of disasters are common in your country?
4) What is disaster insurance?
5) Do most people have it?
6) Are there ways we can prepare ourselves in advance to cope with disasters?
7) How are the problems solved after a disaster?
8) If you had the power to stop a natural disaster that has happened in the past, which would you choose? Why?
9) What is the difference between natural disasters and manmade disasters?
10) Can you name a few of each type?
11) Where do these usually often occur?
12) Do some natural disasters occur repeatedly in the same area?
13) Do many people live in these areas?
14) What are examples of manmade disasters?
15) What examples are there of natural disasters?
16) What kind of damage can occur in each case?
Do you or did you ever like painting?
1) Are you good at painting?
2) Do you think modern artists are good at painting?
3) What style or period of painting / art do you like?
4) What do you think of people who are very good at painting?
5) Do you think painting is an important school subject?
6) Do you prefer artists from your country or those from others?
7) Do you prefer oils, water colours, sketches or another medium?
8) What do paintings mean to you?
9) Why is painting and art so important to us?
10) Do you like watching children paint?
11) Have you ever been emotionally moved because of a painting?
12) What do you think artists from centuries ago would think of today’s artists?
13) Would you consider investing money in a painting? Do you think art is a good investment?
14) What do people think about when they look at paintings in galleries?
Is technology a good or a bad thing?
1) What new technology could you not live without?
2) Do you like using technology to learn?
3) What do you think very old people think of modern technology?
4) How have communication technologies changed society?
5) Has technology made us more impatient?
6) Mark Kennedy said: “All of the biggest technological inventions created by man — the airplane, the automobile, the computer — say little about his intelligence, but speak volumes about his laziness”. Do you agree?