Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА - 11 клас - за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк
UNIT 3. FAMILY RELATIONSHIP
LESSON 23. PARENTING
Цілі: формувати лексичні навички й навички вимови; вдосконалювати навички читання й усного мовлення; розвивати мовну здогадку й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
1) What are some of the greatest challenges that face parents when raising children in today’s world?
2) What are some specific challenges or issues dealing with child rearing that are unique to your culture or part of the world (e.g., education, freedom, religion, dress, discipline, etc.)?
Do ex. 1 (questions 1-10), p. 74.
Listen to the conversation and answer the questions.
Dad. Hey. Uh, what are you doing home this weekend? I thought classes didn’t end until next week.
Daughter. Hi Dad. I love you.
Dad. Ah, the three magic words. I NEED HELP! I’ve heard those before.
Daughter. Uh, Well, we’d better sit down.
Dad. Uh, this doesn’t sound good.
Daughter. Well, first of all... hey, is that painting on the wall new?
Dad. No, no, no, no, no. Let’s get back to the conversation now.
Daughter. Okay, first of all, I am failing all of my classes, I lost my job, I wrecked my car, I mean, your car last week. It’s at the bottom of the lake... I think, and the laptop I borrowed from you... well, it was in the backseat of the car. That’s all of the good news.
Dad. Uh, wait...
Daughter. Dad. You’re not saying anything...
Dad. Okay. Now, what’s the bad news?
Daughter. Well, I just found out that my old boyfriend was a member of a gang; he says that he and 20 of his friends are gonna come over here to talk to you about what you posted on their Facebook page.
Dad. I don’t even know how to use Facebook!
Daughter. Well, you do now. I have to go. I’d rather not be here in about 20 minutes. Love you. Bye.
1) Where does this conversation take place?
a) at the girl’s dormitory
b) at their home
c) in the car
2) What might have happened to the family car?
a) The woman drove it into some deep water.
b) Some people stole the vehicle by the lake.
c) The man’s daughter hit a tree on a picnic.
3) The father’s computer is currently ... .
a) in a repair shop after the woman dumped water on it
b) being stored safely in the vehicle by the lake
c) in serious trouble unless it is in a waterproof container
4) The man’s daughter might have been dating a man who was ... .
a) majoring in criminal justice at the university
b) or will be involved in some illegal activity
c) working as an officer in a police gang unit
5) From the conversation, the father’s best course of action in the next 20 minutes is to ... .
a) sit on his front porch and watch the sunset
b) plant some new sunflowers in his yard
c) jump in his car and leave home or call the police Key: 1 b, 2 a, 3 c, 4 b, 5 c.
Do ex. 2, p. 75.
Do ex. 4, p. 77.
Fill in the gaps with the words from the “Word File” (p. 76)
1) The teacher expected her students to ... her.
2) She became a difficult young ... .
3) A few problems ... to be discussed.
4) It was ... that he’d find out her secret sooner or later.
5) It’s your idea — don’t... me if it doesn’t work.
6) She has no right to ... in her son’s marriage.
7) She bitterly ... his mother’s influence over him.
8) People are free to accept or ... Stone’s interpretation of the facts.
9) Samuel trained every day ... improve his performance.
10) His daughter was headstrong and ... .
Key: 1 obey, 2 adolescent, 3 remain, 4 inevitable, 5 blame, 6 interfere, 7 resented, 8 reject, 9 in order to, 10 rebellious.
Do ex. 1 (questions 11-16), p. 74.
Ex. 5, p. 77.