Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА - 11 клас - за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк
UNIT 3. FAMILY RELATIONSHIP
LESSON 26. I’D HAVE HELPED YOU IF YOU’D ASKED
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички вживання 3rd Conditionals і навички вимови; вдосконалювати навички усного мовлення, читання й письма; розвивати культуру спілкування й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
If you were in a bar and a person offered you $50 to kiss a complete stranger on the cheek without saying anything first, would you do it? Why or why not?
What would you have done if you hadn’t gone to school?
Write on the board three possible options to the following statements. Read the sentences and ask students find the correct conditions.
a) Type I (probable condition)
b) Type II (improbable condition)
c) Type III (impossible condition)
1) If it rains, I’ll wear a raincoat.
2) If we had taken enough water, we wouldn’t have been thirsty.
3) If the children were older, they would go to the party.
4) Harry could fly to Helsinki if he had more money.
5) If Mark does the washing up, his mother will have more time for him.
6) What would you do if you saw a burglar?
7) We might have had a glass of hot chocolate if you had bought some milk.
8) If I were you I should keep the secret.
9) Ron would understand more if the teacher spoke clearly.
10) If Doris had got up earlier, she wouldn’t have been late for school.
Key: 1 a, 2 c, 3 b, 4 b, 5 a, 6 b, 7 c, 8 b, 9 b, 10 c.
Do ex. 3, p. 81.
Do ex. 4, p. 81.
Listen to the song by Taylor Swift and fill in the gaps.
SHOULD’VE SAID NO
It’s strange to think the songs we (1)... sing
The smiles, the flowers, everything
Yesterday I (3)... about you
Even now just looking at you
Feels wrong You say
That you’d take it all back,
(4)... one chance
It was a moment of weakness
And you (5)... yes
You should’ve (6)... no,
You should’ve (7)... home
You should’ve (8)... twice ‘fore you let it all go
You should’ve (9)... the word of what you did with her’d
Get back to me (get back to me)
And I should’ve (10)... there,
In the back of your mind
I shouldn’t (11)... asking myself why
You shouldn’t (12)... begging for forgiveness at my feet
You should’ve (13)... no,
Baby and you might still have me
You can see that I’ve (14)... crying
And baby you know all the right things
But do you honestly expect me to believe
We could ever be the same
You say that the past is the past,
You need one chance
It was a moment of weakness
And you said yes
I can’t resist
Before you go, tell me this
Was it worth it?
Was she worth this?
No, no, noooooo, nooo...
Key: 1 used to, 2 gone, 3 found out, 4 given, 5 said, 6 said, 7 gone 8 thought, 9 known, 10 been, 11 be, 12 be, 13 said, 14 been.
Do ex. 5, p. 82.
Do ex. 7, p. 82.
What would your life be like if you had been born the opposite sex?
Ex. 6, p. 82.