Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА - 11 клас - за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк
LESSON 3. LEARNING ENGLISH
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички читання, письма й усного мовлення; формувати навички вимови; вдосконалювати навички монологічного висловлювання; розвивати мовну здогадку; виховувати увагу, інтерес до англійської мови.
1) How is communication changing between people?
2) It used to be common to talk to strangers. Do you think it’s okay to talk to people you don’t know?
3) How often do you start up a conversation with people you don’t know?
Do ex. 1, p. 13.
Do ex. 2, p. 13.
Express your ideas as for your attitude to school. You may add some more of your own.
Do children like to go to school?
to go to
develop our (my) abilities
play interesting games
choose different kind of activities there
show our / their talents
learn to become self-confident gain knowledge
5. Grammar practice
Do ex. 3, 4, p. 10-11.
Practise the Past Simple
Read the text and fill in the gap with the words from the box.
THE CASTLE ON THE HILL
Maggie, Martin and Melissa (1)... on holiday with their parents. They were staying at an old house in the country. Near the house (2)... a castle. One day Maggie and Martin (3) ... to the castle. They (4) ... the door and went in. After a while they (5) ... to a staircase and went down. Suddenly they heard a (6).... But it was only a mouse or rat and so they went on. They came to an old door. Maggie was (7)... and didn’t want to open it but Martin said: “I’m not afraid of ghosts”, and wanted to open it. Suddenly they (8)... a funny noise. “Let’s run!” Martin (9).... “But Martin you said you weren’t afraid of ghosts. Open the door!” Maggie said. But Martin was too scared to (10)... it and then there was the same noise again — (11) ... but louder. Maggie went to the door. “Don’t open it!” Martin (12)..., but it was too late. Maggie opened it and behind it was (13)... .
Do the Quiz United Kingdom
1) The second biggest city is ... .
2) The oldest private school is ... .
b) Winchester Collage
d) King’s School in Canterbury
3) The highest mountain, the Ben Nevis, is in ... .
c) Northern Ireland
4) Who ruled from 1660 to 1694?
a) The Stuarts
b) The Tudors
c) The Yorks
d) The Windsors
5) The most popular British writer William Shakespeare was born in ... .
6) Who founded the Anglican Church?
a) Henry VI
b) Henry VII
c) Henry VIII
d) Henry IX
7) Loch Ness is in ... .
d) Northern Ireland
8) The soccer club Chelsea is from ... .
9) The British currency is ... .
b) British Dollar
10) The Beefeater guards the ....
a) Buckingham Palace
b) Westminster Abbey
c) The Tower
d) Tate Gallery
Key: 1 c, 2 d, 3 d, 4 a, 5 b, 6 c, 7 a, 8 b, 9 c, 10 c.
Do ex. 5, p. 15.
Ex. 4, p. 14.