Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА - 11 клас - за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк
UNIT 3. FAMILY RELATIONSHIP
LESSON 31. FAMILY VALUES
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички вживання 3rd Conditionals і навички вимови; вдосконалювати навички усного мовлення, читання й письма; розвивати культуру спілкування й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати поважне ставлення до сімейних цінностей.
1) How would your life have been different if you had been born a boy/ girl?
2) How would your life have been different if your family had won the lottery?
3) How would your life have been different if you had ten brothers and sisters?
4) How would your life have been different if you had never decided to learn English?
5) How would your life have been different if you had quit school at ten?
6) How would your life have been different if you had never met your best friend?
7) How would your life have been different if you had become famous as a child?
8) How would your life have been different if you had been born in England?
9) How would your life have been different if you had gotten married at sixteen?
Do ex. 2, p. 90.
Ideas for speaking
1) What values will you pass on to your children?
2) Do you think society is losing its values?
3) How have values changed in society?
4) What is a value other people think is very important which you don’t think is important?
5) What values did you parents pass on to you?
6) Are there any values that your parents tried to make you follow but you weren’t good at doing?
7) How do society’s values hold it together?
8) Some people say that poorer societies have stronger values than richer countries. Do you agree?
9) What traditional values are not important or not necessary now?
10) How do you feel when you see someone not following the values you were brought up with?
11) How do members of a family support each other?
12) Who do you think has the most power in the family? Why?
13) Do you agree with the saying «Children should be seen and not heard»? Why do you agree or disagree?
14) Are good family members or good friends more important? Why?
15) What problems do parents have to solve as their children grow up?
16) How close are you to your extended family? (cousins, aunts, great uncles etc.)
17) What is the perfect number of children a family should have?
18) What do you think of people who marry and decide not to have children?
19) How do you think western families and eastern families differ?
20) What do you think is the most important thing to make a happy family?
21) Is it better for mothers to stay at home with kids or go to work to earn more money for the family?
22) Many families send their children to private institutes or daycares for most of the day. Is this good or bad?
23) How do you define the word «home»? Is it where you live? Where your family lives or where you grew up?
24) When married people talk about having children they talk about «starting a family». Can two married people be a family if they don’t have kids?
25) How do you think family life is changing in your country? (Example: wife working, husband cleaning, kids at institutes) Is this change good or bad?
26) What do you think of gay marriage?
27) Is spanking or hitting a good way to discipline children? Why or why not?
28) What age is too young to get married?
29) Why do people get married?
30) If you were offered an excellent job abroad could you leave your family and country for 5 years?
Do ex. 3, p. 90.
5. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 4, p. 91.
Do ex. 5, p. 91.
Do ex. 6, p. 91.