Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА - 11 клас - за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк
UNIT 4. EATING OUT
LESSON 37. EATING HABITS: WHAT AND WHERE?
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички усного мовлення й читання; розвивати культуру спілкування й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати правильну поведінку в суспільних місцях.
Answer the questions in ex. 1, p. 114.
2. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 2, p. 114.
3. Reading and speaking
Read a review of an American restaurant and do the tasks.
In your opinion, what qualities make a restaurant good? Other than serving good food, how important are service and atmosphere?
Practice your vocabulary
The ambience there is great. I always feel really comfortable and at ease.
• a really good emotion; happiness
• a feeling or mood; atmosphere
• the way a place is decorated
I like that room because of the sky lights. They let in a lot of sunlight in the late afternoon.
• a “window” in the roof or ceiling
• a very large window
• a big lamp in the center of a room.
584 Valencia Street
San Francisco, California 94110-1115 ph: 415.861.8032
One of San Francisco’s newest and most popular restaurants, The Slanted Door serves Vietnamese cuisine in a whimsical and elegant setting. Notice the graceful, mismatched chairs, the sea-green dishes that perfectly match the color of the walls, and the gentle, diffused sunlight coming in through the skylights. Great dishes include the very fresh imperial rolls, the green papaya salad, and the grilled whole pompano. Here you’ll find a restaurant that serves a Vietnamese menu. Expect to pay under $8 per person.
Atmosphere: Table talk is no problem here — noise level is unobtrusive.
Eating & Drinking: Open for lunch and dinner. You’ll find that there is a good selection of wines.
Notable Mention: Being a good value for your dollar.
Details to Note: Entrances and walkways are wheelchair friendly. Ways to Pay: Cash, MasterCard and Visa
Hours of Operation: Tue-Sun 11:30a-3:30p, 5:30-10p, Closed on Mondays and major holidays. Closed on Mondays.
1) Where is the Slanted Door located?
a) 18th Street
b) Valencia Street
c) 17th Street
d) 584th Street
2) What type of food does the Slanted Door serve?
3) On which day is this restaurant closed?
4) According to the review, which of the following is NOT true?
a) The chairs do not match.
b) The restaurant gets natural light.
c) The Slanted Door is San Francisco’s newest and most popular restaurant.
d) The imperial rolls are very good.
4. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 3, p. 115.
Do ex. 4, p. 116.
Discuss the following questions:
1) What kinds of problems do you have when you go to the restaurant?
2) Can you think of a time when a restaurant ran out of something you ordered?
3) Have you ever had very bad customer service?
4) Has the waiter / waitress ever mixed up your order?
5) Overcharged you?
6) Been very rude?
7) Have you every complained to a manager about a waiter or waitress?
8) Have you ever refused to pay for your meal?
Write down your answers to the following questions:
1) Tell about one of your favorite restaurants.
2) Where is it? Describe the ambience.
3) What kind of food do they serve there?
4) Is there one dish that you usually order?