Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА - 11 клас - за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк
UNIT 4. EATING OUT
LESSON 42. WRITING REPORTS
Цілі: формувати навички письма; вдосконалювати навички усного мовлення, читання; розвивати культуру спілкування й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
1) Would you like to eat at a different restaurant every night for the rest of your life?
2) Have you ever complained about the food or service in a restaurant?
Discuss any questions you like.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT, THOUGHTS ON FOOD
1) Is there any kind of food that you could eat every day? If yes, please explain.
2) Is there any kind of food that you cannot eat? If yes, please explain.
3) Have you ever reluctantly tried something, but then loved it? If yes, what was it? Why didn’t you want to try it?
4) Have you ever wanted to try something, but then hated it? If yes, what was it? Why didn’t you like it?
5) Are you a picky eater? How about when you were younger?
6) What kind of food do you like? How about hate? Why?
7) Do you agree or disagree? English cuisine is the worst in the world? Why/not?
8) Do you agree or disagree? French cuisine is the best in the world? Why/not?
9) Which is your favorite meal of the day? Is it breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Why?
10) What is the best meal that your have ever eaten? Why was it so good?
11) What is the strangest dish you have ever tried? How was it?
12) What is the most disgusting dish you have ever tried? Why was it so bad?
13) How often do you cook? What can you cook well?
14) If you had to give up meat in your diet, could you? Why / not?
15) If you could take a pill as a substitute for food every day, would you? Why/not?
16) Do you regularly eat a well-balanced diet? Why / not?
17) What kind of food can’t you go without for a long time? Why?
18) What dish (or dishes) is your country or hometown famous for? Please explain.
19) How often do you eat sweets? Do you think this is too much, or could you eat them more often?
20) How often do you go out to restaurants? What kind of places do you usually go to? Please explain.
Do ex. 1, p. 123.
Do ex. 2, p. 124.
5. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 3, p. 126.
You are working in a local tourist office. You have to write a report for your manager comparing two very different restaurants in your area. Say what each centre is like, compare their facilities and comment on their particular good or bad points as tourist attractions.
Answer the following questions using your imagination.
1) What’s the name of your manager?
2) What’s the name of the first restaurant?
3) What is it like? (modern, old-fashioned, large, cosy, etc.)
4) What kind of facilities does it provide?
5) How popular is it with tourists? Why?
6) What’s the name of the second restaurant?
7) What is it like? Remember it must be very different from the first one.
8) What kind of facilities does it provide?
9) How popular is it with tourists? Why?
10) Is one restaurant better for tourists, or do they both attract different kinds of tourists?
11) Do you need to make any recommendations?
You may start like this: As requested I have compare... and... both in... in terms of their popularity as tourist attractions. My findings are presented below...
Do ex. 4, p. 127.
Pretend that you have visited this restaurant and write a report about it. Especially emphasize good or bad points of it.
FAMILY STYLE MEXICAN CUISINE
Offering lunch, dinner and brunch, El Potro is the place to go if you’re looking for a wide selection of Mexican style food. Their menu includes everything from nachos to Bistec A La Mexicana RibEye to hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken fingers for the children.
While you wait on your food you can tap your feet to the Latin infused songs played by the restaurant’s live entertainment at both the Winter Park and Oviedo locations, visit their Full-Service Bar, or head to their buffet to make your own feast.
Prices: Lunch Specials for under $5.
Location: El Potro has four locations in the area, Apopka on Orange Blossom trail, Sanford on South Orlando Drive, Winter Park on North Orlando Drive, and Oviedo on Alafaya Woods Boulevard.
Extras: Their Apopka location also offers catering for small get-togethers and large events such as wedding receptions, company picnics, and holiday parties. You can create your own custom menu using with the dishes they offer at the restaurant, or you can choose meals from their International menu, which consists of American, Greek, and Italian cuisine.
1) What’s the best restaurant name you’ve heard of?
2) Are you happy with the restaurants in your town?
Do ex. 5, p. 128.