Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА - 11 клас - за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк
UNIT 5. IT’S YOUR PLANET!
LESSON 50. IT SHOULDN’T BE DESTROYED!
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички вживання Passive Voice; вдосконалювати навички усного мовлення, читання й письма; розвивати культуру спілкування й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; підвищувати загальну екологічну культуру, виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
Find the «odd one out»
There may be more than one answer. Give your reasons.
1) green efficient environmentally friendly
2) to conserve to save to protect
3) to condemn to campaign to oppose
4) traffic jams motorway tolls park and ride schemes
5) nuclear energy oil pollution radioactive waste
6) to ration to share to deplete
7) sustainable biodegradable renewable
8) an oil rig a power station a recycling plant
1) What do you think about fines or jail time for people who use too many resources?
2) Would this increase environmental awareness and responsibility? Discuss your ideas. (Homework)
Do ex. 3, p. 140.
4. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 4, p. 141.
5. Grammar practice
Do ex. 1, p. 142.
Do ex. 2, p. 142.
Make up sentences in Passive using the following words:
Recycle, spray, generate, bird, windmill, trash can, oil, ivory, crops, tanker, tusks, bin, factory, trees, paper, shoot, pollution, elephants, toxic waste, oil spills, pesticides, power, spill, pollute, kill, throw.
Do ex. 3, p. 142.
9. Grammar practice
Do ex. 4, p. 143.
Write the sentence in the passive if possible.
1) Scientists observed the tigers for six days.
2) Scientists are investigating the possibility of life on other planets.
3) When we walked into the classroom, the teacher had already given the assignment.
4) Some teachers cleaned up the teachers’ room.
5) I think the students will have drunk most of the coffee by the time we arrive.
6) People believe that San Francisco is a warm city.
7) ...made the coffee.
8) ... ’ s cat broke the vase.
9) Everyone thinks that San Francisco is the most beautiful city in the US.
10) Our findings will intrigue the world.
11) Someone will tell us by this time next week.
12) Many people visit Disneyland every year.
13) Someone has washed the dishes.
14) Someone poisoned ...’s dinner.
15) What happened to you last night?
16) John needs to have someone fix his car.
17) ... wants to have someone clean her house.
Discuss any questions you like.
1) Who do you think is more responsible for pollution, individual people or the government? Explain.
2) What is the most important issue facing the environment today?
3) Do you know about any anti-pollution programs in your community?
4) What about programs in your native country?
5) Do you usually drink bottled water? Why or Why not?
6) If you could choose one alternative energy source to develop which one would you choose? Why?
7) Are there litter laws where you live? If so, what is the penalty for littering?
8) Do you think cars should be banned from city centers?
9) Do you think people should recycle newspapers? Why or why not?
10) Do you think there are lessons to learn from nature?
11) How has the world changed since you were a child? (Technology, values, environment, health)
12) How often is garbage collected in your neighborhood?
Do ex. 5, p. 143.