Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА - 11 клас - за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк
UNIT 8. PEOPLE AND SOCIETY
LESSON 92. SPEAKING
Цілі: перевірити рівень умінь учнів з усного мовлення.
Choose any of the following topics and speak of it.
It’s your planet
1) What would you do if scientists realized that in fifteen years, the Earth would be unable to support any life whatsoever... and nothing could be done?
2) Could you do more to reduce global warming and protect the environment?
3) What can other countries do to ensure large polluters like America or China get serious about the environment now?
4) What are five ways that every person can help the environment, starting now?
5) How was the Earth’s sickness similar to what our bodies do when we are sick?
6) What were some «symptoms»?
7) What can we do to help the Earth feel better?
8) What can we do to stop the Earth from feeling sick?
9) What do you think people do with these exotic animals?
10) What do you think can be done to stop the poachers?
11) Do you know which other animals are in danger of extinction?
12) What do you think we should do to protect these animals?
13) What alternative sources of energy should we use instead?
14) Why don’t we use alternative sources of energy now?
15) What changes do you think people could make in their everyday lives in order to help prevent the planet from getting warmer?
16) What do you do to reduce energy consumption?
17) What does your school or company do?
18) What do you do to save water? What could people do to save more water in the future?
Speaking about art
1) How great is your interest in art?
2) What’s the best art gallery you’ve been to?
3) Do you like modern art?
4) What do you think of installation art?
5) Do you ever think a lot of art is not really art?
6) Do you have a favorite artist?
7) What kind of art do you like — paintings, sculpture, ceramics, etc?
8) What is art?
9) Does art change the way you think or feel?
10) Do you think anyone can be an artist or do you need a special talent?
11) Do you think all children should study art at school?
12) Do you think children should learn the history of art?
13) Do you think a painting can really be worth a million (or more) dollars?
14) Do you think today’s artists are as good as those from hundreds of years ago?
15) What was the last painting/poster/piece of art you bought. Why did you buy it?
16) Describe the pieces of artwork in your house.
17) What kind of art is your country famous for?
18) What kind of life do you think an artist’s is?
19) Do you have any artistic talents?
20) How would the world be different without artists?
Focus on Youth
1) What are the good things and bad things about today’s youth?
2) Are today’s youth different from the youth of yesteryear?
3) How would you describe an average member of today’s youth?
4) Do today’s youth respect authority?
5) What is the fountain of youth?
6) Do you think youths understand how lucky they are?
7) How are the youth of different continents different to the young people in your country?
8) Pablo Picasso said: «Youth has no age». What did he mean? Do you agree?
9) Someone once said: «Don’t waste your youth growing up». What did they mean? Do you agree?
10) What three adjectives would you use to describe today’s youth?
11) What’s the biggest problem with today’s youth?
12) What aspects of today’s youth make you hopeful about the future?
13) Do you have any wild and crazy stories from your youth?
14) What’s the thing you hated most about your youth?
15) Do old people understand today’s youth?
16) What kind of youth were you?
17) What things about the world do you think youths are angry about?
18) Herbert Asquith said: «Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life». What did he mean? Do you agree?
19) George Bernard Shaw said: «Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children». What did he mean? Do you agree?
People and Society
1) How are government officials chosen in your country? Do you think this method is fair?
2) In your opinion, how much should governments contribute to university education?
3) How interested are you in politics?
4) What type of information—if any—do you think a government should keep from its citizens?
5) What do you think is the most important political issue right now? Why is it important?
6) How much does a politician’s personal life affect their ability to do their job?
7) Why do you think the media pays a lot of attention to politicians’ personal lives?
8) Tell about an important political event in your country’s recent history.
9) What do you think of Ukrainian politics?
10) Tell about a political person you admire.
11) How successful do you think the European Union has been / will be?
12) Is military service required in your country? Do you think it’s a good idea?
13) Do you think it’s important for a country to have a strong military? Why or why not?
14) Why do you think there aren’t more women in politics? Do you think people pay more attention to female politicians than male ones?
15) What can governments do about poverty?
16) If you were a politician, what political issues would you focus on?
17) What qualities make a good political leader?
18) What does it mean to be a good citizen?