Цілі: вдосконалювати навички аудіювання, читання й усного мовлення; формувати навички вимови; удосконалювати навички монологічного висловлювання з опорою на лексико-граматичну структуру; розвивати мовну здогадку; виховувати увагу, інтерес до англійської мови.
Answer some questions just for fun.
1) How many birthdays does the average man have?
2) Some months have 31 days; how many have 28?
3) A pair of twins is how many people?
4) How many days of the week start with the letter ’T’?
5) What are they?
A man builds a house rectangular in shape. All sides have southern exposure. A big bear walks by, what color is the bear? Why?
2. Listening Line game
Divide the class into two groups. One lines up on the left side, one on the right. Ask the front student in each group a question. The first one to answer correctly gets to sit down. The other who can’t answer goes to the back of his / her team. The winning team is the first where everyone is sat down! Make sure the questions come thick and fast.
Sample list of question
✵ How are you?
✵ What’s your name?
✵ How old are you?
✵ How old is Natasha?
✵ Do you like winter?
✵ Do you play football?
✵ When is your birthday?
✵ Where do you live?
✵ What time is it?
✵ What time do you get up?
✵ What time do you go to bed?
✵ What music group do you like?
✵ Who is your favourite TV star?
✵ Who is your favourite movie star?
✵ Who is your favourite singer?
✵ Who is your favourite football player?
✵ Who is your favourite teacher?
✵ Who is your favourite actor?
✵ Who is your favourite actress?
✵ What is your favourite subject?
✵ What is your favourite food?
✵ What is your favourite TV show?
✵ Who is your English teacher?
✵ Who is your best friend?
✵ How many people are there in your family?
✵ How many pets do you have?
✵ How many brothers and sisters do you have?
✵ What is your mother’s name?
✵ What is your father’s name?
✵ What is your English teacher’s name?
✵ Who teaches football?
✵ Who teaches Ukranian?
✵ What sport does (name) play? (any classmate’s name)
✵ What subject does (name) teach? (any teacher’s name)
Read the text in Ex. 1, p.4 and answer the questions.
1) Are the children classmates? (Yes)
2) How old are they? (11)
3) Who has no sisters or brothers? (Chrystyna)
4) Who got a computer last summer? (Ivan)
5) Who can make pictures on computer? (Chrystyna)
6) Who has a younger sister? (Taras)
7) Who taught Ivan to use the computer? (His elder brother)
8) Who likes English? (Taras and Ivan)
9) Who is fond of taking pictures? (Taras)
10) Who is good at working on a computer? (Chrystyna)
11) What helps the children to make new friends? (English)
4. Speaking Work in pairs.
Do Ex. 2, p.5. Write down your personal information in the chart and make up dialogues.
— What’s your name in English?
— I’m ___.
— What’s your address?
— It’s 5, Ivanova Street, Kharkiv, Ukraine.
— What’s your telephone number?
— It’s 764589
— Have you got any sisters or brothers? How many ___.
— Yes (No). I’ve got ___.
— What do you like doing?
— I like playing computer games.
— What’s your favourite subject at school?
— I like ___. (It is ___)
Write a short paragraph about your partner using the information from the previous task.
6. Grammar practice
Do Ex. 4, p. 5.
1) Who’s your best friend?
2) What’s his name?
3) Has he got any brothers or sisters?
4) What’s his brother’s (sister’s) name?
5) What do you like doing together?
6) What is the name of your school?
Do Ex. 5, p. 5.