Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА 7 клас (за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк) - 2015 рік
Unit 1. IN AND OUT OF SCHOOL
Lesson 13. REVISION
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; навички письма, усного мовлення й читання; розвивати мовну здогадку; виховувати відповідальне ставлення до школи, а також зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
Get students to think of ten items that fit a certain criteria. For example, name ten:
• sports that are played with a ball
• words connected with social networking
• things connected with art
• thing we use for learning at school
Do ex. 6 (a), p. 38.
Do ex. 6(b), p. 38.
4. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 7, p. 39.
Do ex. 8, p. 39.
Use the phrases from p. 33.
Sample questions for the discussion:
1. Is it dangerous to be online? Why?
2. Who warns you to be careful with the Internet?
3. Should you spend much time online?
4. In what ways should you use the Internet?
5. Do you sometimes use social media for school activities or assignments?
6. Are you distracted from your homework because of social media sites?
7. What kinds of things do you share on social media?
8. If your parents allowed you to access only one social media site, which one would it?
9. Do you like playing educational computer games?
Do ex. 9, p. 40.
Close your books and complete the text about extra-school activities.
Extra-school ... is a part of school life. ... often go to their children’s schools to see their ... . Sometimes the schools have ... of the pupils’ art or project work. Many schools have a school ... and an ... and they hold concerts. Plays at the end of each school... are also very ... . Some of the parents help ... with these ... .
Choose the appropriate variant in your opinion, then listen to the answers and say if you agree with them.
1. Video games are better than TV or movies because:
a) players are active
b) video games are more educational
c) players can get more educational information
2. When a person plays a video game really well, he gets a reward. He also gets
b) the interest of the video company
c) to play the video game at a higher skill level
3. If you play a soccer video game, what is one thing the video game will NOT help you do:
a) think about soccer strategy
b) kick the ball
c) play the game
4. A problem with the most popular video games is:
a) they cause changes in mind and behavior
b) they reward people for doing violence to other people
c) There is too much sex and violence in most video games today
5. Video games are rated according to how appropriate they are for children. Who rates video games?
a) the companies who sell the games
b) the government
c) the public
6. Ratings are based on:
a) scientific studies done on video games
b) negative results of playing too much
c) whether the public thinks the content is good or bad
7. Video games for fitness are:
a) not as good as doing the real activity
b) just as good as doing the real activity
c) better than the real activity
Key: 1 a; 2 c; 3 b; 4 b; 5 a; 6 c; 7 a.
Answer the questions.
1. How do you use the Internet?
2. What are the positives of social media?
3. What are the negatives of social media?
4. Could you live without social media, the Internet, and mobile phones? Why / not?
Do ex. 10, p. 41.