Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА 7 клас (за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк) - 2015 рік
Unit 2. AT HOME
Lesson 29. LISTENING COMPREHENSION
Цілі: перевірити рівень умінь учнів з аудіювання.
Listen to the text and do the tasks.
Prince Henry Charles Albert David, born on September 15, 1984 at St Mary’s Hospital, in central London, is third in line of succession to the throne, behind his father, the Prince of Wales, and his elder brother, Prince William. He’s been outgoing and fun-loving boy ever since he was a kid. His mother, Princess Diana, was determined that her sons should enjoy a “normal” lifestyle, and the three were often seen at amusement parks, going into McDonald’s restaurants or the cinema.
Harry attended the same schools as William, and in September 1998, he followed his elder brother to Eton, the most famous private school in Britain, Founded in 1440 by Henry VI, Eton College has given Britain 20 prime ministers and quite a few outstanding poets and writers.
Harry wasn’t as academically gifted as his brother William, but he earned a place at Eton and became instantly popular with his fellow students. His academic achievements were not outstanding, but he was excellent at sports and arts. Prince Harry plays rugby, football and cricket, enjoys swimming and skiing and is an excellent polo player.
Like his father, Harry loves painting. He is a talented artist and has had his work exhibited at the school.
In June 2003 Harry left Eton College.
Say if the following statements true or false.
1. Prince Harry was born in 1974.
2. Prince Harry is a cheerful boy.
3. His mother wanted him to live like ordinary people.
4. Harry attended one of modern schools.
5. Harry had great results in studying.
6. Harry is good at sports.
Fill in the gaps.
Popular, painting, private, outstanding, elder, arts
1. Prince William is Prince Harry’s ... brother.
2. Prince Harry attended the ... school.
3. Eton College is famous for its ... graduates.
4. At school Harry became very ... .
5. Harry is excellent at... .
6. Prince Charles loves ... .
Answer the questions.
1. When was Prince Harry born?
2. Where did they use to go with their mother?
3. When was Eton College founded?
4. Did Harry study as well as his brother?
5. What kinds of sports does he go in for?
6. When did he leave Eton?