Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА 7 клас (за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк) - 2015 рік
Unit 1. IN AND OUT OF SCHOOL
Lesson 3. WHAT IS SCHOOL FOR YOU?
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички усного мовлення й читання; формувати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; виховувати доброзичливе ставлення до співрозмовника; розвивати культуру спілкування й мовленнєву реакцію учнів.
The first pupil thinks of one word connected with school subjects or school activities. The second pupil repeats it and adds another word? The next pupil repeats two words and says one more. The winner is the pupil who will repeat the chain of all the words.
✵ In our school we have got Computer studies.
✵ In our school we have got Computer studies and Design and Technology.
✵ In our school we have got Computer studies, Design and Technology and a choir, etc.
What do you feel about school? Do you love it? If you don’t, what is the reason? Homework? The timetable? School activities? Friends? Teachers? Marks? Bullying?
Start your answers like this:
— I like school very much. It’s...
— I can’t say that I love school but...
— I’m not sure that...
Do ex. 1, p. 13.
4. Vocabulary practice
Practise the new words (p. 14) and fill in the gaps in the following sentences.
1. This hall is rather ... to organize a great concert here.
2. It is very important when a teacher is ... to pupils.
3. When I read about this ..., I decided that it wouldn’t be a bad idea to study there.
4. I didn’t like staying in this hotel because of its ... rooms. It was terrible.
5. When his new friends come, he usually ... them ... the house.
6. What do you ...?
7. Amy’s house is ... to the school.
Key: 1 spacious; 2 fair; 3 boarding school; 4 shabby; 5 shows around; 6 mean; 7 close.
Make up your own sentences with the new words.
Do ex. 2, p. 14.
7. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 3, p. 14.
Using the words from the box, make up your own dialogue to describe your school.
Read about two schools — School of the Air (ex. 5, p. 15) and Summerhill School and answer the questions.
1. What sort of school would you like to go to?
2. Do the pupils spend the best years of their life in these schools?
Summerhill School, the oldest and one of the most famous schools in the world, is situated on the east coast of England. It was founded in 1921.
Summerhill is a community of around a hundred people. About 75 of these are children aged between 5 and 17. The rest are teachers, house parents and other staff. It is situated in a large much loved, Victorian house and grounds, two miles from the coast of Suffolk.
Most of the children board during the term time, though there are day pupils as well. As the younger ones grow older, they usually prefer to sleep at school. Summerhill is co-educational and enjoys the diversity of pupils from throughout the world.
There is a wide choice of subjects, up to GCSE level. A new timetable is created each term when the older children have «signed-up» for classes, through there is no compulsion to attend.
Every Saturday the pupils and the teachers have a meeting where they make their own rules and laws. Pupils can go either to lessons or spend their time playing. The question is: do Summerhill pupils ever get any qualifications? Yes. They become doctors, teachers and lawyers. It costs £3,000-£5,000 a term, depending on age.
Answer the questions.
1. Do you enjoy studying English? Math? Science? Art? Biology? Chemistry?
2. Do you play on any of the school’s sports teams?
3. Do you still keep in touch with your best friend in elementary school?
4. Have you ever been absent?
5. Have you ever been late for class? If so, why?
6. When was the last time?
7. Did the teacher get angry?
8. What do you like best about your school?
9. What do you like least about your school?
Do ex. 4, p. 6.
Do ex. 4, p. 14.