Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА 7 клас (за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк) - 2015 рік
Unit 3. SPORTS FROM A TO Z
Lesson 48. IT'S TIME FOR READING
Цілі: формувати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; вдосконалювати лексичні навички й навички вимови; навички читання й усного мовлення; розвивати логічне мислення; виховувати почуття відповідальності і позитивне ставлення до навчання.
Ask each student to draw 3 3 squares and put the following sports in each box in any order. When everyone has prepared their squares, call out the words in any order. Each student puts a cross through the word as it is called out. The winner is the first person to get a line of crosses vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
Words: football, rugby, cricket, golf, lawn tennis, swimming, horse riding, boating, boxing.
1. You need a bat for it.
2. A game with a white ball and two goals.
3. This game has 15 players in each team.
4. You should hit a small white ball into holes in the ground.
5. This game is played on the court.
6. Sport in the water.
7. Sport on the water.
8. Going on animal back.
9. When you wear big leather gloves and fight.
Answer the guestion.
1. Can you say that sport is your hobby?
2. What type of sport are you fond of?
3. What team games can you name?
4. Is football popular in Ukraine?
5. What type of sports is popular with people of all ages?
6. Why do many people go in for sports?
Do ex. 1, p. 132.
Ask pupils to read the text for gist and answer the questions.
1. What is the story about?
2. What are the main characters?
Say if the following statements true or false.
1. A British University had a good football coach.
2. The players didn’t often participate in different faces.
3. Their higher level let them win almost all competitions.
4. Regular training was one of the reasons of good results.
5. They often ended the games in a draw.
6. The players always became good university students.
7. One day a young footballer was asked difficult questions at the university.
8. The football player gave a correct answer.
9. The player was expected to be an excellent student.
10. The coach gave a correct answer too.
Ask pupils to read the story again and give English equivalents to the following Ukrainian words and expressions.
Тренер, тренувати, брати участь у перегонах, вигравати, дотримувати дієти, отримувати відмінні результати, міжнародні змагання, рідко, програвати, завершуватись внічию, в дійсності, проблема, погані знання, хитати головою, карати.
Practise the new vocabulary
Fill in the gaps with the words in the box on p. 133.
1. Good news was ... yesterday.
2. The police ... the dogs to search for drugs.
3. The sportsman was ... for taking doping.
4. The team is supposed to be trained by a skilled ... .
5. Only ... results will give them a chance to take part in the championship.
Do ex. 2, p. 130.
5. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 3, p. 133.
Do ex. 4, p. 133.
Start like this:
a) I’m a football coach at a British University and I have a good team. They hardly ever give me trouble and always receive excellent results in all competitions. But unfortunately they are not good at school subjects and as a result it’s difficult for them to become university students. Once I asked the Professor of the University to check the knowledge of an excellent football player...
b) I’m the Professor of the University and I’ve been teaching here for many years. I know that our university has a good team. They always win in different competitions. The coach tries to find good football players for his team. But sometimes it’s difficult for him because not all young men are good at school subjects and can become university students.
Once the coach brought such a young man to me. I...
c) I’m a football player. I’m good at football but I can’t say the same about my knowledge of many school subjects. I was lucky because I was found by a coach from a British University. He brought me to the Professor of the University to check my knowledge. The Professor...
Answer the guestion.
1. Do you think you have a healthy life style?
2. Is it possible to have a healthy life style in the modern world?
3. Why do many people try to have a healthy life style?
Write a summary of the story.