УРОКИ АНГЛІЙСЬКОЇ МОВИ
UNIT 3. BOOKS AND WRITERS
Тема. The British Writers. Reported Speech
Мета: перевірити навички усного й писемного мовлення; навчити учнів самостійного виконання завдань тестового характеру, правильного вибору комунікативних завдань; виховувати позитивне ставлення до навчання; розвивати мовну здогадку й логічність висловлювання.
I. Організація класу. Привітання
II. Підготовка до іноземного мовлення
Фонетична й мовленнєва зарядка.
III. Основна частина уроку
a) Ех. 7, р. 77 — Report the statements given below.
b) Ex. 1, p. 78 — Look at the pictures and say whom of these English writers you know. Which of their literary works have you read?
c) Ex. 2, p. 78 — Read the text and answer the questions.
· Why is Robert Burns honoured as a national poet of Scotland? When and where was he born? What was his childhood like? Where did the poet get his education?
· What role did his father play in his life?
· What movement in literature does he belong to?
· Which of his poems and songs are well-known today?
d) Look at the pictures and describe the Highlands of Scotland. Use corresponding adjectives and nouns.
e) Ex. 4, p. 80 — Listen and read the poem by Robert Burns. Ask and answer the questions.
f) Ex. 5, p. 80 — Speak in class. Talk about Robert Burns.
g) Work in pairs. Ask and answer the questions.
· Does the poem help you to imagine the author’s native land?
· What words does the poet use to describe it?
· How does he express his love to his native land?
h) Literary quiz: Guess the names of the famous English authors.
· When he was a boy of ten, his father was put to prison for debts. The boy couldn’t go to school because he had to help his family. He began to work at a factory. Later he continued his studies. He liked to read and read very much. When he was twenty-five he began to write himself. He wrote novels about the life of poor people and children. His books are well-known in all the world.
· She was forn in a poor family in 1816. There were six children in the family — five girls and a boy. Later the girls were sent to a charity-school which she described in her best novel. After leaving school she became a teacher at a school for girls. She wrote many poems and novels.
· When he was twenty-one he went to London. In London he joined a group of actors. At first he only helped the actors. Then he began to play himself. Soon he became the greatest dramatist of his time.
· The poet travelled a lot. In Italy he joined the revolutionary organisation Carbonari that was struggling for the national independence.
· He was a man of sixty when he wrote his first novel. It was a book about a sailor who lived on a desert island for many years. This book was great!
· Everybody knows his famous book about a man who came to the country of Lilliputs. For children it is a book of wonderful adventures.
Dickens — Bronte — Shakespeare — Byron — Defoe — Swift
IV. Завершальна частина уроку
Ех. 6, р. 80.
Учитель підбиває підсумки уроку й оцінює роботу учнів.