УРОКИ АНГЛІЙСЬКОЇ МОВИ
UNIT 4. LISTENING TO MUSIC
Тема. Famous Composers. Jigsaw Reading. Grammar Revision
Мета: вдосконалювати навички читання й усного мовлення; формувати навички конкретного й логічного висловлювання з використанням вивчених лексико-граматичних структур; повторити граматичні структури часів Present і Past Simple, уживання фраз наповнення; розвивати аналітичне та критичне мислення, елементи аналізу й самоаналізу.
II. Підготовка до іноземного мовлення
Фонетична й мовленнєва зарядка.
III. Основна частина уроку
а) Ех. 5,р. 109 — Write questions to the words in bold:
· What has been bought as souvenirs in this collection?
· What facts about music have been discovered recently?
· Whom has a good report been prepared by?
· Where has the festival been organized? What festival has been organized in Lviv?
b) Ех. 2, р. 109 — Work in groups. Read the text and then exchange information.
· When did Beethoven live?
· Where did he get his education?
· What Beethoven’s masterpieces do you know?
· Who was his teacher?
· What happened to Beethoven when he was 23?
· What have you learnt about Mozart’s childhood?
· What do you remember about Mozart’s life?
· What instruments could he play?
· What operas by Mozart do you know?
· What do you think of the legends around Mozart’s death?
c) Ex. 3, p. Ill — Speak in class. Tell your friends what you have learnt about two great composers.
d) Johann Bach, an outstanding composer, violinist, church organist.
George Handel spent much of his life in England, composing operas and oratorios.
Franz Haydn is known as the “father of symphony”.
Frederic Chopin has been called “the poet of piano”.
Pyotr Tchaikovsky wrote music of many kinds — songs, operas, ballets, symphonies and piano concerts.
Mikhail Glinka was the first important Russian composer of the national school and famous for his operas.
Alexander Borodin taught chemistry and founded a school of medicine for women. He wrote two symphonies, the opera “Prince Igor” and others.
e) Ex. 4, p. Ill — Read the information about the modern Ukrainian composer. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense form.
f) Music has always held an exceptional place in the cultural life of the Ukrainian people.
Mykola Vitaliyovych Lysenko is one of the most brilliant representatives of this sphere of human spiritual life. A great Ukrainian composer wrote many works for the piano widely used the folk melodies. He wrote many operas for the children as “Winter and Spring”, “The Noble Cat” and others. His operas “Eneida”, “Taras Bulba”, Christmas Night”, “Natalka-Poltavka” and others are very popular with the spectators not only in our country but abroad as well.
IV. Завершальна частина уроку
Ех. 5, p. 111.
Учитель підбиває підсумки уроку й оцінює роботу учнів.