Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА 8 клас (за підручником А. М. Несвіт) - 2016 рік
Unit 2. SCHOOL LIFE
Lesson 16. MY STUDIES AT SCHOOL
Цілі: формувати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; вдосконалювати навички усного мовлення, письма й читання; розвивати мовну здогадку й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
Read a sign in an American school. Do you have the same rules in your school? Do you follow them?
1. Always give every task your best effort.
2. Cooperate with other people in your class.
3. Work quietly at your desk.
4. Raise your hand if you have something to say or need help.
5. Listen carefully.
6. Follow directions.
7. Respect others. Be kind with your words and actions.
1. We should wear a school uniform.
2. We mustn’t be late.
3. We can attend all the extra-school activities.
4. We are not allowed to wear make-up.
5. We mustn’t smoke at school.
6. We don’t have to do all the homework.
2. Vocabulary practice
Do ex. 6, p. 37.
Complete the sentences with linking words from p. 36.
1. You mustn’t forget to lock the door ... leaving the house in the morning.
2. He was so tired ... he had stayed up late to watch the football match.
3. Promise me that you will phone me ... you get to the airport.
4. ... how hard he tried, he just couldn’t understand what she was saying.
5. I enjoy reading this new magazine. ... , it has good articles.
6. ... , school plays an important role in our life.
7. Julie bought her mom a sweater ... her mother loved it.
8. Ted didn’t have enough money to fly to Boston, ... he took the train.
9. Laptops are convenient; ... , they can be expensive
10. The meal was really salty. ... , nobody could finish it.
11. It was raining hard ... we left the office.
Key: 1 before, 2 because, 3 as soon as, 4 however, 5 moreover, 6 all in all, 7 and, 8 so, 9 on the other hand 10 as a result, 11 when.
Do ex. 7, p. 37.
Use the following sentences:
• So what do you like / dislike about your school?
• There are things I really like about my school that makes me happy I go here.
• But there are things that I don’t really like about my school.
• I like everything except... because.
• I really enjoy...
• I really hate...
5. Reading and speaking
Read the following rules and choose the rules which, in your opinion, may be written by children (by teachers):
• to wear a school uniform;
• to move about the corridors in an orderly manner;
• to play games during the breaks between lessons;
• to keep good discipline;
• to be ready for classes every day;
• to address a teacher by surname;
• to be polite always;
• to do the best
• to respect people around you;
• to have classes according to the interests.
Do ex. 8, p. 37.
Answer the questions.
1. What kind of school do you attend?
2. Are the rules strict there?
3. Do you have to wear a school uniform?
4. Do you usually have much homework to do?
5. Are all the subjects the same to you?
Do ex. 9, p. 37.
WHAT FIFTY SAID
When I was young my teachers were the old.
I gave up fire for form till I was cold.
I suffered like a metal being cast.
I went to school to age to learn the past.
Now when I am old my teachers are the young.
What can’t be molded must be cracked and sprung.
I strain at lessons fit to start a suture.
I go to school to youth to learn the future.
by Robert Frost