Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА 8 клас (за підручником А. М. Несвіт) - 2016 рік
Unit 2. SCHOOL LIFE
Lesson 23. AFTER SCHOOL
Цілі: формувати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; вдосконалювати навички усного мовлення й читання; розвивати мовну здогадку й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
Do ex. 1, p. 51.
Do ex. 2, p. 51.
Do ex. 3, p. 52.
Do ex. 4, p. 52.
5. Reading and speaking
Read the dialogue (p. 53) and make up your own one.
Practise the following suggestions:
What about joining ... the basketball club?
✵ ...our team?
✵ ...the school choir?
✵ ...the school theatre?
✵ ...the film club?
✵ ...out orchestra?
✵ ...the design studio?
Listen to the text and answer the questions.
1. Did Alex have a nice day yesterday?
2. Was he late for Mathematics?
3. Is he good at Ukrainian?
4. Does he like to stand in the gates?
5. Was he present at Biology?
6. Did the teacher ask him at the English lesson?
7. Why was he late yesterday?
8. What did they have at the Ukrainian lesson?
9. Why did he miss Biology?
10. Why did he like the present day?
11. How did this day finish?
As for me, I sometimes think that I cannot live without my school and my classmates, but there are days when I would do everything to slip the classes. Let me explain.
For example, yesterday was a typical bad day. I came to school at nine. I overslept and was late for the first lesson. As the teacher of mathematics is very strict he wrote some unpleasant words in my day-book. Then we had Ukrainian. I am not good at learning rules and writing dictations and yesterday we had a test. Of course I failed it and got very upset.
Then we had a break. During the break my friends and I always play football in the gym. We all love running and kicking the ball and nobody likes to stand in the gates. Sure, I was a goalkeeper yesterday. Our team lost and it was all my fault.
After that we had a couple of classes of English. The teacher was explaining a new topic, so nothing bad happened to me. I skipped the last lesson. It was Biology, and I was not ready for it.
However, today was different. I got an excellent mark for a test in Physics, and my best friend invited me for his birthday. The lessons were all very interesting, and I learnt a lot of new things. After classes there was an excursion to the local history museum. We listened to the story about our town.
On the days like today I love my school and my teachers. I understand that teachers help us to learn about the world, and we should be very grateful to them.
Fill in the gaps with the suitable words.
Upset, breaks, lost, happy, rules, went away
1. He knows ... badly.
2. They usually play football when they have ... .
3. As he played badly his team ... .
4. He ... from Biology.
5. Yesterday Alex was ... .
6. Today Alex was ... .
Do the survey.
1. What day or days of the week do you usually attend your club / the gym?
2. Which of these activities do you do in your spare time? (Hang around the streets / parks with friends, cinema, team sports, other sports, school clubs, choir, crafts)
3. Do any of the following things (if any) stop you doing activities after school?
✵ It’s too expensive
✵ I have nobody to go with
✵ I don’t have time
✵ It’s too far or too difficult to travel
✵ I don’t know where to go
✵ They’re not available at the right times
✵ The activities I want to do are not available
✵ My parents can’t take me
✵ There’s nothing for my age group
✵ They do not have the right facilities for me
✵ Nothing stops me
4. Are you interested in doing any of ICT / Media activities, musical activities, outdoor activities, art activities?
Do ex. 5, p. 53.