Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА 8 клас (за підручником А. М. Несвіт) - 2016 рік
Unit 2. SCHOOL LIFE
Lesson 24. SCHOOL IN THE NEWS
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; вдосконалювати навички читання, аудіювання й усного мовлення; розвивати пізнавальні інтереси учнів; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
Divide class into two or three teams. Each team gets a set of cards. On each card there are two words: a Ukrainian word and an English word. The pupils should make a word chain putting cards one by one. After that the teams read their chains in turns.
Words on the cards:
compulsory / бути освіченим; to be educated / ходити до школи; to attend a school / безкоштовна освіта; free education / приватна школа; a private school / державна школа; a state school / вища освіта; higher education / середня освіта; secondary education / шкільна форма; school uniform / обов’язковий.
Do ex. 1, p. 54.
Do ex. 2, p. 54.
4. Vocabulary practice
Find the English equivalents to the following words in ex. 2, p. 54.
✵ знаходити шляхи,
✵ обмірковувати нагороді,
✵ готівкові гроші,
✵ результати тестів,
✵ до того ж,
✵ заради знання.
5. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 3, p. 54.
Key: 1 T, 2 F, 3 F, 4 T, 5 T, 6 T.
Listen to the dialogue about a typical day at American school and answer the questions.
Alice. Ostap, would you like to school with me tomorrow?
Ostap. Sure. I have never been in an American school. what is the typical day like at school?
Alice. Well, first we go to our homeroom class. Homeroom is where the teacher finds out which students are in school and which are absent. This class only lasts for ten minutes.
Ostap. Were you absent very much this year?
Alice. No. I wasn’t absent at all this year.
Ostap. What do you do after homeroom?
Alice. after homeroom we go to our first real class. We have seven classes, or periods, including lunchtime. Each period lasts 45 minutes.
Ostap. What is your first class?
Alice. My first class is history. We study American history all year. My history teacher is my favourite teacher. I have known her for several years.
Ostap. What other classes are you taking this year /
Alice. I’m also studying Spanish. Spanish is a very important language to know, because there are many immigrants who came to America from Spanishspeaking countries.
Ostap. Do you study maths and science too?
Alice. Yes, of course. I’m taking algebra and earth science.
Ostap. What is earth science?
Alice. Earth science is the study of the earth. For example, we learn how the earth has changed since the beginning of time. We also learn about the weather and we learn how to protect the environment.
Ostap. That sounds interesting.
Answer the questions.
1. Has Ostap ever been in an American school?
2. How long does the homeroom class last?
3. How long does every other class last?
4. What does the homeroom teacher do?
5. How many times was Alice absent this year?
6. What is Alice studying in history class?
7. How long has she been studying it?
8. What language is Alice studying? Why?
9. What is Alice studying in science class?
10. Who is Alice’s favourite teacher?
Do ex. 4, p. 55.
Write an essay using the plan below.
1. Do you have any problems with discipline at school? Do you like to study? Do you participate in out-of-class activities?
2. Describe your relations with the teachers at school. Do you have any conflicts at school? Is there a teacher whose advice you can follow and whose judgment you can trust?
3. Can you avoid conflicts with teachers?