Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА 8 клас (за підручником А. М. Несвіт) - 2016 рік
Unit 2. SCHOOL LIFE
Lesson 25. SCHOOL LIFE
Цілі: формувати навички вживання conjunctions If/Unless; вдосконалювати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; вдосконалювати навички читання, аудіювання й усного мовлення; розвивати пізнавальні інтереси учнів; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань про освіту в інших країнах.
Do you think you are a happy person? Do this quiz and find out.
1. I stop enjoying a game when I am losing badly. (T / F)
2. I can enjoy a joke when it is on me. (T / F)
3. I am pleased when a friend receives praise in my presence. (T / F)
4. If a person jumps the queue in front of me, I always openly object to it. (T / F)
5. I get bored easily with hobbies. (T / F)
6. I daydream often. (T / F)
7. I wish for many things. (T / F)
8. I am overweight. (T / F)
9. I enjoy reading fiction. (T / F)
10. I hate to go to bed. (T / F)
11. I think I am attractive. (T / F)
12. I take criticism well. (T / F)
Give yourself 1 point for each correct answer.
1 False, 2 True, 3 True, 4 False, 5 False, 6 False, 7 False, 8 False, 9 True, 10 False, 11 True, 12 True.
• 9-12 points: compared with others, you are quite a happy person. You seem to maintain a good balance between what you expect out of life and what you actually receive. You are attractive to others because of your live-and-let-live attitude.
• 5-8 points: You have your ups and downs but for the most part, you ate moderately happy. There’s no burning desire to change your life. You’d probably have an uplifting effect on someone who is less happy than you, but at the same time you could benefit if you associated with those happier than yourself.
• 0-4 points: You could be much happier! Somehow, you’ve developed a perspective on life that is a bit lopsided.
Review each of your answers and try to find out a way to change your perspective.
2. Vocabulary practice
• What does Jordan say about his school life and favourite subject?
Fill in the gaps with the words below. One word is extra.
• a waste of time
• by heart
• do without
• field trips
• look forward
• take part in
Some children say that school is (1) ... and (2) ... . But I don’t agree with them. I like school and on holiday I (3) ... my friends and teachers and I always (4) ... to school. our school life is interesting. We have got a lot of interesting after-school (5) ... during the year. We (6) ... sports competitions. We often go on (7) ... to do tasks for History and Geography. Each term we go on (8) ... to interesting historical places and museums. I do well in many subjects but my favourite is History. I can’t say I like French because we have to learn a lot (9) ... . I think I can (10) ... French. I like going to school because I (11) ... with my friends there and (12) ... new things in the lessons.
Key: 1 boring, 2 waste of time, 3 miss, 4 look forward, 5 events, 6 take part in, 7 field trips, 8 outings, 9 by heart, 10 do without, 11 mix, 12 discover.
3. Grammar practice
Present the rule (p. 55).
Do ex. 5, p. 55.
If / Unless
Choose the correct word.
1. We’ll be late ... we leave soon.
2. ... I am not feeling better tomorrow I will go to the doctor’s.
3. ... you ask me to sit somewhere else, I’ll sit here.
4. ... he moves to another country, it’ll probably be to Australia.
5. He must study ... he doesn’t want to fail the exam.
6. I’ll go to the beach with you ... it rains this weekend.
7. ... you need me, just give me a call, and I’ll be there in no time.
8. ... you don’t mind, I’ll sit here.
9. ... you ever come to California, feel free to visit us.
10. ... you buy the tickets in advance, you won’t be able to see that concert.
11. Life on the planet will be impossible ... we don’t fight against air and water pollution.
12. ... you don’t understand the exercise, I’ll try to help you.
13. You won’t be able to describe the picture ... you look at it carefully.
14. Don’t do it ... you don’t want to.
15. ... she works hard, she won’t get a promotion.
Key: 1 unless, 2 if, 3 unless, 4 if, 5 if, 6 unless, 7 if, 8 if, 9 if, 10 unless, 11 if, 12 if, 13 unless, 14 if, 15 unless.
Do ex. 6, p. 56.
Answer the questions.
1. Which subjects are you good at? What are your strong subjects?
2. Which subjects are you poor at? Which subjects are difficult for you?
3. Who is your favorite teacher?
4. What course does he or she teach?
5. Why do you like him or her?
Do ex. 7, p. 56.
Read the story (p. 163-164).