Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА 8 клас (за підручником А. М. Несвіт) - 2016 рік
Unit 2. SCHOOL LIFE
Lesson 26. ARE YOU GOOD AT SCHOOL?
ЦІЛІ: вдосконалювати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; вдосконалювати навички читання, письма й усного монологічного мовлення; розвивати пізнавальні інтереси учнів; виховувати зацікавленість до навчання.
Let’s talk about your school days.
What advantages and disadvantages does your school life have? Sample answers:
learn a lot of interesting things
know a lot about the world
find real friends for the whole life
prepare for future adult life
develop our mind and imagination
choose future profession
get up early in the morning every day
write too many tests
do too much homework
worry about having good marks
depend on teacher’s mood
Express your ideas about school days using the prompts above and the following cues:
✵ School days are ... (the happiest days of the whole life).
✵ School life has its disadvantages such as getting up ... .
✵ But I think that school days have advantages than disadvantages.
✵ At school we can ... .
✵ School prepares ... .
✵ It also helps to ... .
✵ That’s why we ... (have so many subjects at school).
✵ So I am sure that ... (school days are very difficult but happy days).
Do ex. 1, p. 57.
Do ex. 2, p. 57.
5. Reading and speaking
Work in groups
Read the following questions and discuss them with your group. Report the result to the rest of the class.
1. What does going to school give you?
2. Which of the subjects do you consider important for yourself and why?
3. Which activities at the lesson and after give you an opportunity:
✵ to develop speaking, reading and writing skills;
✵ to develop good work habits;
✵ to get some scientific knowledge and explore new ideas.
4. Are there any subjects where you have achieved some considerable results and you are satisfied with them?
5. Are you always successful in your studies? Do you always believe in your abilities? Are you ever disappointed with yourself or with your marks?
6. What do you suppose can help you to cope with these problems?
7. What can help you to be successful in your studies?
8. What are the main rules in your school? Do you agree with them?
9. Which rule do you break most of all? What other rules do you think would be useful?
10. Which of the traditions observed in your school you consider to be especially interesting? Why?
You can often read or hear such sayings as: «Knowledge is power», «Knowledge is light».
Explain how you understand these sayings.
Answer the questions.
1. What are you good at?
2. What are you bad at?
3. What are you interested in?
4. What are you fond of?
5. What are you keen on?
6. What are you crazy about?
7. What things at school do you like most of all?
Answer the questions. Use them as a plan for your essay about a perfect school.
1. What is a perfect school in your opinion?
2. DO you want to study in a perfect school?
3. Why do you want to study in a perfect school?
4. DO you think that it is important to study in a modern building?
5. Must pupils wear a special uniform at school?
6. Should pupils study several foreign languages?
7. Should pupils have any tests?
8. Should school be a brightly decorated building?
There once was a teacher from Leeds,
Who swallowed a packet of seeds.
In less than an hour,
Her nose was a flower,
And her hair was a bunch of weeds.