Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА 8 клас (за підручником А. М. Несвіт) - 2016 рік
Unit 2. SCHOOL LIFE
Lesson 31. READING
Цілі: перевірити рівень умінь учнів з читання.
Read the text and do the tasks.
LOVE TO LANGUAGES
Bernard Berg, Professor of Linguistics, started as an English language teacher. He was always good at languages at school, so he decided to take his degree in French and German first. When he finished his university studies in oxford he began teaching in a secondary school in England. Two years later, however, he met someone by chance who offered him a job teaching English to foreign students during the long summer holidays. His students were adults and he enjoyed the work greatly. He soon found he was interested in languages of different countries. Since then he has specialized in this work.
First he went to Africa for two years and then he spent a year in Spain. After that he went to Italy where he worked for three years. НE hasn’t been to South America yet but he plans to go there next. He has taught men and women of all ages and of all nationalities. He has also learnt to get on with people of all walks of life. Now he is a writer but his interest in foreign languages never lessens.
Choose the correct answer.
1. Bernard Berg is ... .
a) a teacher
b) a professor
c) a student
2. At school he was good at ... .
3. Bernard Berg studied in ... .
4. He was offered to work as a teacher ... .
a) two years later
b) three years later
c) four years later
5. He was offered to work during ... .
a) autumn holidays
b) winter holidays
c) summer holidays
6. Bernard Berg specialized in teaching ... .
a) geography of different countries
b) economy of different countries
c) languages of different countries
Key: 1 b, 2 a, 3 b, 4 a, 5 c, 6 c.
Read some pieces of advice and match them with the following statements.
a) Do not study all night before the exam.
b) Make your room comfortable for sleeping.
c) Do not exercise before going to bed.
d) Limit things that make you nervous.
e) Wake up with bright light.
f) Set a regular bedtime.
1. Going to bed at the same time each night signals to your body that it’s time to sleep. Waking up at the same time every day can also help to set sleep patterns. So try to do the same even at weekends. Don’t go to sleep more than an hour later or wake up more than 2 or 3 hours later than you do during the week.
2. Try not to exercise right before bed, as it can raise your body temperature and wake you up. Sleep experts believe that exercising five or six hours before bedtime (in late afternoon) may actually help a reason to sleep.
3. Do not watch violent, frightening or action films or TV shows or listen to loud music right before bed — anything that might keep you awake.
4. Don’t wait until the night before a big test to study. If you limit sleeping the night before a test, you may perform worse at the exam. It is better to study less but get more sleep.
5. Studies show that people sleep best in a dark room that is on the cool side. Close your curtains (and make sure they are heavy enough to block out light) and turn down the thermostat in your room.
Key: 1 f, 2 c, 3 d, 4 a, 5 b.