Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА 8 клас (за підручником А. М. Несвіт) - 2016 рік
Unit 3. BOOKS AND WRITERS
Lesson 35. THE STORY OF A BOOK
Цілі: формувати граматичні навички вживання Future Simple Passive Voice; вдосконалювати лексичні навички і навички вимови; вдосконалювати навички читання, письма й усного мовлення; розвивати логічне мислення; виховувати позитивне ставлення до читання, а також загальну культуру учнів.
Do ex. 1, p. 66.
Do ex. 2, p. 66.
Do ex. 3, p. 67.
4. Vocabulary practice
Find the following words and expressions in the text and give their English equivalents:
✵ величезний вплив,
✵ повністю зникнути,
✵ певні переваги,
✵ ціла бібліотека,
✵ бути оточеним,
DO ex. 4, p. 67.
6. Grammar practice
Present the rule (p. 68).
Rewrite the sentences in the Future Simple Passive Voice.
1. Will he pick up the kids tomorrow?
2. The birds will eat those cookies.
3. My friends will visit him tomorrow.
4. The coach will have a party at the weekend.
5. The next earthquake will destroy the city.
Do ex. 5, p. 68.
Fill in the gaps with the correct forms of Passive Voice.
1. At the last competition the first prize ... (to win) by our team.
2. Your report must ... (to divide) into two chapters.
3. It seems to me that music ... (to hear) from the next room.
4. These issues usually ... (to discuss) at the conference.
5. Yesterday he (to tell) to prepare a speech.
6. The article ... (to publish) last week, if I am not mistaken.
7. The lessons ... (to attend) by all of us.
8. A taxi ... (to call) fifteen minutes ago, so we are expecting it any moment.
9. The teacher ... (to introduce) to us only a couple of hours ago, but it seems to us that we’ve known him for years.
10. The rule explained by the teacher at the last lesson ... (to understand) by all of us.
11. The poem was so beautiful that it ... (to learn) by everybody.
Key: 1 was won, 2 be divided, 3 is heard, 4 are usually discussed, 5 was told, 6 was published, 7 are attended, 8 was called, 9 was introduced, 10 was understood, 11 was learnt.
Choose the correct form of the verb in brackets to complete the sentences.
1. My friends ... (like / are liked) this place in the city centre very much.
2. What books by Conan Doyle ... (translated / are translated) into Ukrainian?
3. Who ... (protects / is protected) animals?
4. This city ... (is visited / visited) by many tourists.
5. Who ... (gives / is given) bad marks in your class?
6. Our house ... (made / is made) of wood.
7. I ... (am paid / will be paid) next week.
8. Pupils ... (are given / give) textbooks by the teacher.
9. This holiday ... (celebrated / is celebrated) at the end of the summer.
8. Grammar practice
Do ex. 6, p. 68.
Do ex. 7, p. 69.
Books are now being produced in electronic format which can be read on a PC, a special reader or a tablet.
1. Do you have a reader and, if so, what is your opinion of it?
2. How do you get your e-books?
3. Do you think that e-books should be cheaper than other books? Why? Why not?
4. How would you describe the difference between reading an e-book and a paper book?
5. Do you think they will ever fully replace paper books?
Do ex. 8, p. 69.