Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА 8 клас (за підручником А. М. Несвіт) - 2016 рік
Unit 3. BOOKS AND WRITERS
Lesson 36. A TRIP TO THE LIBRARY
Цілі: формувати навички вживання Past Continuous and reported instructions; вдосконалювати лексичні навички і навички вимови; вдосконалювати навички читання, письма й усного мовлення; розвивати логічне мислення; виховувати позитивне ставлення до читання, а також загальну культуру учнів.
Answer the questions.
1. Is there any library nearby your house?
2. How often do you go to the library?
3. What books can you find there?
4. HOW long do you usually keep books?
5. Who helps you to choose books?
Do ex. 1, p. 70.
DO ex. 2, p. 70.
a) ...the great library existed for more than 900 years.
700,000 scrolls was the equivalent of 100,000 modern books
b) 1 ...they loved learning.
2 ...scrolls on all subjects.
3 ...in Alexandria.
4 ...over 700,000 scrolls.
4. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 3, p. 70.
Do ex. 4, p. 71.
6. Grammar practice
Introduce the rule (p. 72).
Put the verbs into the correct form.
1. When I phoned my friends, they (play) ... monopoly.
2. Yesterday at six I (prepare) ... dinner.
3. The kids (play) ... in the garden when it suddenly began to rain.
4. I (practice) . the guitar when he came home.
5. We (not / cycle) ... all day.
6. While Alan (work) ... in his room, his friends (swim) ... in the pool.
7. I tried to tell them the truth but they (not / listen) ... .
8. What (you / do) … in the evening yesterday?
9. Most of the time we (sit) ... in the park.
10. I (listen) ... to the radio while my sister (watch) ... TV.
11. When I arrived, They (play) ... cards.
12. We (study) ... English yesterday at 4:00 p.m.
Key: 1 were playing, 2 was preparing, 3 were playing, 4 was practising, 5 weren’t cycling, 6 was working, were swimming, 7 weren’t listening, 8 were you doing, 9 were sitting, 10 were listening, was watching, 11 were playing, 12 were studying.
Practise the reported instructions.
Do ex. 5, p. 72.
Listen to the dialogue and answer the questions.
1. All of the books in the library are listed on the computer, aren’t they?
2. What do you need to type in the computer in order to find a book?
3. What will the computer tell you?
HOW A MODERN LIBRARY IS ORGANIZED
Librarian. What would you like to know?
Alex. I would be very grateful if you could show me where to find the books about these people.
Librarian. Sure. If you follow me, I’ll show you how our library is organized. Everything that we have in our library you can find listed on our computer system.
Alex. Really? How does it work? How can I find the books I’m looking for?
Librarian. Just type in the name of the author or the title of the book and the computer will tell you where the book is located in the library. It will also give you a short description of the book.
Alex. How convenient!
9. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 6, p. 72.
Do ex. 7, p. 73.
Do ex. 8, p. 73.
There’s always a book in my hand
Be I on couch, train, chair or beach sand.
I’m never alone
For with characters I’m prone
To imagine myself off to far lands.