Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА 8 клас (за підручником А. М. Несвіт) - 2016 рік
Unit 3. BOOKS AND WRITERS
Lesson 38. THE BRITISH WRITERS
Цілі: вдосконалювати лексичні навички і навички вимови; вдосконалювати навички читання, письма й усного мовлення; розвивати логічне мислення й пізнавальні інтереси учнів; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань і позитивне ставлення до читання.
Do ex. 1, p. 78.
2. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 2, p. 78.
1. Because he wrote of his life for homeland and collected, revised and adopted Scottish folk songs.
2. He was born on the 25th of January in Ayre, Scotland. His childhood was poor.
3. He had little regular schooling.
4. He was taught everything by his father.
5. He belonged to the Romantic Movement.
6. Auld Lang Syne, A Red, Red Rose, My Heart’s in the Highlands.
3. Vocabulary practice
DO ex. 3, p. 79.
4. Reading and speaking
DO ex. 4, p. 80.
Do ex. 5, p. 80.
You meet your friend on the way to the library. Make up a dialogue with your partner.
— Hi, where are you going?
— Hi, I’m going to the library to return the book.
— Oh, really. What is the book about?
— These are adventure stories by Jack London.
— Are they interesting?
— Yes, sure, they are very exciting. They are about real friendship and beautiful northern nature.
— I’d like to read this book too.
— So, why don’t you go to the library with me and take this book to read?
— That’s a good idea. I’d love to.
Answer the questions.
1. Have you read any English books?
2. Who is your favourite English or American writer?
3. What kind of books do you prefer to read?
4. Do you like to read poems, essays, or short stories? Why?
5. Do you have a favourite poet or short story writer? Who?
6. What book are you planning to read in English this year? Why?
7. Do you think that reading books in a foreign language is a good way to learn?
Do ex. 6, p. 80.