Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА 8 клас (за підручником А. М. Несвіт) - 2016 рік
Unit 3. BOOKS AND WRITERS
Lesson 39. BIOGRAPHIES
Цілі: вдосконалювати лексичні навички і навички вимови; вдосконалювати навички читання, письма й усного мовлення; розвивати логічне мислення й пізнавальні інтереси учнів; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань і позитивне ставлення до читання.
Make a chain.
P1. I’ve read an adventure novel «Robinson Crusoe» by Daniel Defoe, a famous English writer. And what about you? Have you read any interesting book lately?
P2. Yes. I’ve read a historical novel «Rob Roy» by Walter Scott, a famous Scottish writer. And what about you? Have you read any interesting book lately?
P3. Yes. I’ve read a detective story.
Tell the class a few sentences about:
✵ books you like to read;
✵ where you take them;
✵ who helps you to choose a good book.
3. Vocabulary practice
Fill in the gaps with the new words from the box.
Due to, noble, achieve, essays, inspiration, the success, inspired, achieve
1. The incredible beauty of the place ... him to create this masterpiece.
2. O’Henry became famous ... his short stories.
3. ... doesn’t come to you if you do nothing.
4. If you work hard, you can ... a great success.
5. Byron ... the great popularity when he was 24.
6. Milne hoped to prove his success writing novels and ... .
7. I have no ... to write even a word.
8. It’s very ... of you to spend all your weekends helping theseold people.
Key: 1 inspired, 2 due to, 3 the success, 4 achieve, 5 achieved, 6 essays, 7 inspiration, 8 noble.
Work in pairs
Ask and answer questions to find the missing information.
Jack London was born in ... in San Francisco, California. His family was very poor, so Jack had to leave school ... . In 1897 he went to Alaska to find gold. Instead he found . there.
He is best known for his book, The Call of the Wild, the story of ... . His writings were very popular and he became rich and famous before the age of 30.
1. When...? (...was he born?)
2. Why...? (...did he leave school?)
3. What...? (...did he find in Alaska?)
4. What...? (...is the book The Call of the Wild about?)
Jack London was born in 1876 in ... . His family was very poor, so Jack had to leave school to make money. In ... he went to Alaska to ... . Instead he found ideas for his stories there.
He is best known for his book, The Call of the Wild, the story of the adventures of a dog in the frozen north. His writings were very popular and he became rich and famous . .
1. Where...? (...was he born?)
2. When.? (...did he go to Alaska?)
3. Why...? (...did he go to Alaska?)
4. When... ? (...did he became rich and famous?)
Answer the questions.
1. What do you think of autobiographies and biographies? Have you read any?
2. What’s your opinion of historical novels?
Express your opinion as for books you like reading.
I like reading ... . by ... . because ... .
Complete the chart about your favourite writer and then write a short essay.
Notes for biography
Early life, events and achievements
Later life, events and achievements
THE FASCINATING CHILL THAT MUSIC LEAVES
The fascinating chill that music leaves
Is Earth’s corroboration
Of Ecstasy’s impediment —
’Tis Rapture’s germination
In timid and tumultuous soil
A fine — estranging creature —
To something upper wooing us
But not to our Creator
by Emily Dickinson