Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА 8 клас (за підручником А. М. Несвіт) - 2016 рік
Unit 3. BOOKS AND WRITERS
Lesson 41. READERS IN THE NEWS
Цілі: формувати навички вживання as ... as and not so ... as; вдосконалювати лексичні навички і навички вимови; вдосконалювати навички читання, письма й усного мовлення; розвивати логічне мислення; виховувати позитивне ставлення до читання, а також загальну культуру учнів.
Do the quiz.
1. Who was the author of the famous storybook “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland”?
a) Rudyard Kipling b) John Keats
c) Lewis Carroll d) H. G.Wells
2. How many lines does a sonnet have?
a) 10 b) 12
c) 14 d) they vary
3. Name the book which opens with the line “All children, except one grew up”?
a) The Railway Children b) Winnie-the-Pooh
c) Jungle Book d) Peter Pan
4. Which is the first Harry Potter book?
a) Harry Potter and the Golden Fire
b) Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
c) Harry Potter and the chamber of Secrets
5. What nationality was Robert Louis Stevenson, writer of “Treasure Island”?
a) Scottish b) Welsh
c) English d) French
6. “Jane Eyre” was written by which Bronte sister?
a) Anne b) Charlotte
7. In the book’ The Lord of the Rings’, who or what is Bilbo?
a) dwarf b) wizard
c) troll d) hobbit
8. Who wrote the crime novel “Ten Little Indians”?
a) Sir Arthur Conan Doyle b) Bernard Show
c) Agatha Christie d) Geoffrey Chaucer
9. Where do the events take place?
a) in Britain b) in America
c) in Australia
Key: 1 c, 2 c, 3 d, 4 b, 5 a, 6 d, 7 d, 8 c, 9 b.
2. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 1, p. 84.
Do ex. 2, p. 84.
4. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 3, p. 84.
5. Grammar practice
Present the rule (p. 85).
Complete the sentences with as ... as or not so ... as.
1. The blue car is ... the red car. (Fast)
2. Peter is ... Fred. (Not / tall)
3. The violin is ... the cello. (Not / low)
4. This copy is ... the other one. (Bad)
5. Oliver is ... Peter. (Optimistic)
6. Today it’s ... yesterday. (Not / windy)
7. The tomato soup was ... the mushroom soup. (Delicious)
8. Grapefruit juice is ... lemonade. (Not / sweet)
9. Nick is ... Kevin. (Brave)
10. Silver is ... gold. (Not / heavy)
Complete the sentences below using the as ... as similes in the box.
As white as snow, as smooth as silk, as slow as a snail, as free as a bird, as light as a feather, as cold as ice, as blind as a bat, as black as coal, as changeable as weather
1. The night was ... .
2. Her hateful eyes were ... .
3. Without my glasses, I am ... .
4. Her face has become ... .
5. The bicycle looks heavy, but it feels ... .
6. On the first day of his vacation, the boy felt ... .
7. My computer is very fast at times, and at other times it is ... .
8. When I was a child, a man of seventy seemed to me to be ... .
9. After using our body lotion, your skin is guaranteed to feel ... . Key:
1) as black as coal.
2) as cold as ice.
3) as blind as a bat.
4) as white as snow.
5) as light as a feather.
6) as free as a bird.
7) as slow as a snail
8) as old as the hills.
9) as smooth as silk.
Do ex. 4, p. 85.
Do ex. 5, p. 86.