Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА 8 клас (за підручником А. М. Несвіт) - 2016 рік
Unit 4. LISTENING TO MUSIC
Lesson 46. MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS
Цілі: формувати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; формувати навички вживання модальних дієслів; вдосконалювати навички усного мовлення й читання; розвивати мовну здогадку й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; прищеплювати любов до музики; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
Do ex. 1, p. 96.
Do ex. 2, p. 96.
3. Vocabulary practice
Do ex. 3 (a), p. 97.
Do ex. 3 (b), p. 97.
Do ex. 3 (c), p. 97.
Do ex. 4, p. 98.
Key: 1 B, 2 D, 3 C, 4 A.
7. Grammar practice
Present the rule (p. 99).
Do ex. 5, p. 99.
Listen to these scenes and say where you think they might be and why.
— How would you like it?
— Five tens and two fives, please.
— Here you are.
— Thank you. Oh, look. Can you change the five pound note into coins, please?
— Of course.
— How much are those nice big yellow ones?
— One pound fifty each.
— OK. I’ll have three.
— Anything else?
— Yes, I think I’d like some green to go with it.
— What about some of this fern?
— Fine. And I’d like to write a birthday card.
— Sure. Here you are. That’ll be five pounds altogether.
— I’d like something for my sore throat, please. Can you recommend something?
— Why don’t you try these new throat pastilles? They’re menthol, lemon and honey.
— They sound nice. I’ll try a packet.
— Right, I’ll just get a report form for your statements. Can I have your name and address please?
— John Brown, 57 Moor Road.
— That’s round the corner, isn’t it? And is that where the car was parked?
— Yes. Right outside the house.
— And are you the owner of the car, sir?
— Yes, but my wife drives it during the day.
— Now, when did she last see the car?
Key: 1 a bank, 2 a flower shop, 3 a chemist’s, 4 a police station.
Complete the sentences with the correct answers.
1. He ... be here. I can see his car in front of the building.
2. I ... pass the exam. I don’t feel very confident.
3. She ... speak French very well. She’s only lived in Paris for a few weeks.
4. He is still at work! He ... late I am afraid.
5. My key’s not in my pocket or on my desk so it ... be in my bag.
6. Someone told me that Mark was in Mexico but I saw him yesterday. Mark ... be abroad.
7. He ... late because his flight has been delayed.
8. I’ve bought a lottery ticket. I ... become a millionaire!
9. Take your umbrella as it ... today.
10. You got the job? That’s great. You ... be delighted.
Key: 1 must, 2 may not / might not, 3 can’t, 4 may come, 5 must, 6 can’t, 7 may be, 8 may / could / might, 9 may rain, 10 must.
Do ex. 6, p. 99.
Do ex. 7, p. 99.
Do ex. 8, p. 99.
PIANOS ARE FALLING APART
Pianos are falling apart,
The ivory keys at the start;
From there to the panel,
It’s too much to handle;
It’s breaking the strings of my heart.