Розробки уроків - АНГЛІЙСЬКА МОВА 8 клас (за підручником А. М. Несвіт) - 2016 рік
Unit 4. LISTENING TO MUSIC
Lesson 52. ARE YOU INTO MUSIC?
Цілі: вдосконалювати лексичні й граматичні навички; вдосконалювати навички усного мовлення, письма й читання; розвивати мовну здогадку й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; розвивати пам'ять; прищеплювати любов до музики; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
Answer the questions.
1. Is it difficult to live without music?
2. Do you like to listen to music?
3. Are there any lessons of music at your school?
4. Who is interested in music?
5. What is music?
6. Where do you go if you want to listen to classical music?
7. Modern music is popular in our country, isn’t it?
8. What kinds of music are popular in our country?
9. What kind of music do you like?
Do ex. 1, p. 113.
3. Grammar practice
Do ex. 2, p. 113.
1. Two tickets to the concert were bought yesterday.
2. A new disc will be brought by my friend tomorrow.
3. Musical instruments are sold in this shop.
4. This famous violin has been stolen recently.
5. This opera will be staged at the beginning of the next season.
6. Musical festivals is often participated in by my mother.
Write a few sentences about musicians.
You may start like this:
✵ I think a good musician or singer should be...
✵ If you want to become a good singer or musician, you have to.
Useful vocabulary: hard-working, creative, industrious, highly organized, sensitive, imaginative, ambitious, thorough, highly motivated, intelligent, to work systematically, to have a vivid imagination, to practise for many hours, to study different music styles.
5. Grammar practice
Do ex. 3, p. 113.
Key: 1 plays, 2 studied, 3 is loved, 4 has been composed, 5 will be opened, 6 greeted.
Do ex. 4, p. 114.
1. This film has already been seen by our class.
2. Have you ever been to the Opera House?
3. He has never played the flute.
4. We have already listened to the new hit of Ruslana.
5. Has your mood been improved by this music?
6. I have been taken to the concert by my friend.
7. Speaking and writing
Do ex. 1, 2, p. 112.
DO ex. 5, p. 114.
1. This concert has never been played before.
Has this concert ever been played before?
2. I wasn’t offered a ticket to the concert.
Were you offered a ticket to the concert?
3. The audience didn’t admire the music at the concert.
Did the audience admire the charming music at the concert?
4. The biography of Tchaikovsky won’t be told to us in English.
Will the biography of Tchaikovsky be told to us in English?
5. We aren’t always inspired by music.
Are you always inspired by music?
Do ex. 6, p. 114.
Do ex. 7, p. 114.
Music to me can be loud
Like thunder in my head
Music to me can be soft
That draws me to my bed
Music to me is life
Music to me is strong
Music to me makes me feel like
I can do no wrong
Music makes you full of sorrow
Or it makes you full of joy
Music makes a better tomorrow
Or makes you awfully coy
Music makes you fearless
Music makes you tearless
Music can make you a star
Music to me
Is when you see
Who you really are