Розробки уроків - Англійська мова 8 клас за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк - 2016 рік
Unit 2. YOUR SCHOOLTIME
Lesson 16. WHAT'S YOUR SCHOOL LIKE?
Цілі: формувати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; удосконалювати навички усного мовлення й читання; розвивати мовну здогадку й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
Answer the questions.
1. What are your favourite lessons?
2. What subjects are you interested in most of all? Why?
3. Are you good at different tests?
4. Do you always get good marks?
5. Are there any extra-school activities in your school?
6. Have you got any extra-school activities?
2. Vocabulary practice
Introduce the new words (p. 63).
What do you usually do at... ?
memorize the dates.
improve our English.
decide to (do something).
run and jump.
have different competitions.
cheer our team up.
learn by heart.
Do ex. 1, p. 62.
Do ex. 2, p. 62.
Do ex. 3, p. 63.
6. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 4, p. 63.
Practice the new vocabulary.
Fill in the gaps.
Decide, cheer up, memorize, university, improve
1. There is a course for students wishing to ... their English.
2. My friend’s hobby is to ... greetings from different languages.
3. I can’t ... what to do.
4. I decided to take Alice out to ... her ... .
5. ... gives us an opportunity to get a degree.
Answer the questions.
1. Which school do you go to?
2. How do you feel about school? Why?
3. What is your favorite subject? Why?
4. Who is your favourite teacher? Why?
5. Do any teachers inspire you?
6. What is your worst subject? Why?
7. Which teacher do you dislike? Why?
8. Is your school big?
9. How many students go to your school?
10. When will you finish school?
11. If you could choose, would you go to a different school?
12. Would you like to study abroad?
13. What is the best thing about going to school? Why?
14. Do you get much homework?
15. Are you a good student?
16. Do you get good grades?
17. What do you think the teachers think of you?
18. Which subject do you find easy?
19. Which subject do you think will not be useful in your life?
20. How many students are in your class?
Write a paragraph about your school using the questions above as a plan.
WHAT FIFTY SAID
When I was young my teachers were the old.
I gave up fire for form till I was cold.
I suffered like a metal being cast.
I went to school to age to learn the past.
Now when I am old my teachers are the young.
What can’t be molded must be cracked and sprung.
I strain at lessons fit to start a suture.
I go to school to youth to learn the future.
by Robert Frost