Розробки уроків - Англійська мова 8 клас за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк - 2016 рік
Unit 2. YOUR SCHOOLTIME
Lesson 19. IS YOUR SCHOOL WELL-EQUIPPED?
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички усного мовлення й читання; формувати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; виховувати доброзичливе ставлення до співрозмовника; розвивати культуру спілкування й мовленнєву реакцію учнів.
Put in the right prepositions.
✵ a chair: something you sit on
✵ a picture: something you look ...
✵ an MP3 player: something you listen ...
✵ a table: something you put food ...
✵ a desk: something you write ...
✵ a pen: something you write ...
✵ a pencil: something you draw ...
✵ a blackboard: something you write ...
✵ a bag : something you put books ...
✵ a teacher: somebody you listen ...
Speak about different types of Ukrainian schools. (Homework, ex. 5, p. 71.)
Do ex. 6, p. 71.
Read the letters and answer the questions.
1. Who lives in Washington?
2. Who doesn’t like to keep quiet?
3. Who doesn’t go to school?
4. Who studies Spanish?
5. Who can watch science experiments on-line?
6. Who is eager to visit the Air and Space Museum?
7. Who lives on the green continent?
8. Who likes to communicate with many people?
Describe the lifestyle of the boys shortly.
5. Vocabulary practice
Do ex. 7, p. 73.
Do ex. 8, p. 73.
doesn’t go to school
spends a lot of time on the Internet
goes to school
studies lots of subjects
has to get good grades
— I like Daniel’s (Steve’s) lifestyle more because...
7. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 1, p. 73.
Listen to Dan’s opinion about his school and then fill complete the table in ex. 1 (b), p. 74.
Everything is boring at school. I think there is no use in it at all. I can get any information I need from books and magazines. Usually I spend my time doing chemical experiments at my father’s lab. Lots of interesting experiments were performed there. It’s really interesting.
9. Vocabulary practice
Match the words with their meanings.
a) be provided with all necessary things
2) a facility
b) a room or building where tools and machines are used for making or repairing things
3) a workshop
c) all the special tools, machines, clothes that you need for a particular activity
4) be well-equipped
d) room, equipment, or service that are provided for a particular purpose
Do ex. 3, p. 75.
Answer the questions.
1. What does the word «school» mean for you?
2. When do children go to school in Ukraine?
3. When do pupils leave school?
4. How many years do pupils learn at school?
5. Is our school beautiful?
6. What is your favourite school subject?
7. Do schoolchildren have classes outdoors?
8. Is the atmosphere formal in Ukrainian schools?
9. How many days a week do pupils usually have classes?
10. Do you like to go to school? Why? Why not?
Do ex. 2, p. 77.