Розробки уроків - Англійська мова 8 клас за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк - 2016 рік
Unit 2. YOUR SCHOOLTIME
Lesson 21. ARE YOU A GOOD TEAM?
Цілі: формувати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; удосконалювати навички читання, письма й усного монологічного мовлення; розвивати пізнавальні інтереси учнів; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
Imagine that you are going to make a pen-fiend. Fill in the chart with information you would like to give about yourself.
My likes and dislikes
People around me
What I am good at
2. Vocabulary practice
Do ex. 1, p. 79.
Do ex. 2, p. 79.
4. Vocabulary practice
Do ex. 3, p. 80.
Do ex. 4, p. 80.
Listen to the text and do the tasks.
ISN’T IT SO IMPORTANT TO BE PRETTY?
Jill was four years old. She was a clever child, but she was not very pretty. She went to school every day, and she loved her lessons. She was always at the top of her class, and she learnt to read and write very quickly.
One day her mother said to her, “Aunt Polly and Aunt Judy are going to visit us tomorrow. They live in Canada, and you haven’t met them because they very seldom come to England. They are going to have lunch with us”.
The aunts arrived at twelve o’clock the next day, and Jill’s mother gave them some coffee. Then she said, “I’m going to make lunch now”, and went into the kitchen. Jill stayed in the living-room with her aunts.
Aunt Polly looked at Jill and then said to Aunt Judy quietly, “She isn’t very p-r-e-t-t-y, is she?”
“No”, said Jill quickly, “but I’m very s-m-a-r-t”.
True or False.
1. Jill was 5.
2. She was lovely.
3. She was the best in the class.
4. She could read very well.
5. Her aunts were from Cardiff.
6. They liked Jill very much.
Answer the questions.
1. How often did Jill go to school?
2. How often did Jill meet her aunts?
3. When did the aunts come?
4. Did they come to have breakfast with Jill’s family?
5. What did Jill’s mother give them at first?
6. Where were Jill and her aunts while Jill’s mother was making lunch?
7. Do you agree that it is very important to be pretty?
7. Reading and speaking
Some boys and girls share with you their opinions on friends and friendship. Who do you agree with?
• Friendship is a thing that helps you to live.
• A friend is a person who tries to understand.
• My friend is a person who always in a good mood.
• My friend is a person who was helpful to me when I was in trouble.
• Friendship is a thing that teaches you how to get along with other people.
• Friends are people who are always good to you.
• Good friends are people who spend a lot of time together, and share their secrets and experiences.
• True friends are people who are generous and keep promises.
Answer the question.
1. What’s the most important thing a school should teach children?
2. What do you think the teachers think of you?
Write a letter to your foreign friend about your school.
• your favourite subjects;
• your school activities;
• your attitude to school.
Ask him / her three questions about his / her school.