Розробки уроків - Англійська мова 8 клас за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк - 2016 рік
Unit 2. YOUR SCHOOLTIME
Lesson 26. ARE YOU GOOD AT SCHOOL?
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; удосконалювати навички читання, письма й усного монологічного мовлення; розвивати пізнавальні інтереси учнів; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань про освіту в інших країнах.
Read a sign in an American school. Do you have the same rules in your school? Do you follow them?
1. Always give every task your best effort.
2. Cooperate with other people in your class.
3. Work quietly at your desk.
4. Raise your hand if you have something to say or need help.
5. Listen carefully.
6. Follow directions.
7. Respect others. Be kind with your words and actions.
1. We should wear a school uniform.
2. We mustn’t be late.
3. We can attend all the extra-school activities.
4. We are not allowed to wear make-up.
5. We mustn’t smoke at school.
6. We don’t have to do all the homework.
2. Vocabulary practice
What does Jordan say about his school life and favourite subject?
Fill in the gaps with the words below. One word is extra, a waste of time
• a waste of time
• by heart
• do without
• field trips
• look forward
• take part in
Some children say that school is (1)... and (2) ... . But I don’t agree with them. I like school and on holiday I (3) ... my friends and teachers and I always (4) ... to school. Our school life is interesting. We have got a lot of interesting after-school (5) ... during the year. We (6) ... sports competitions. We often go on (7) ... to do tasks for History and Geography. Each term we go on (8) ... to interesting historical places and museums. I do well in many subjects but my favourite is History. I can’t say I like French because we have to learn a lot (9) ... . I think I can (10) ... French. I like going to school because I (11) ... with my friends there and (12) ... new things in the lessons.
Key: 1 boring, 2 waste of time, 3 miss, 4 look forward, 5 events, 6 take part in, 7 field trips, 8 outings, 9 by heart, 10 do without, 11 mix, 12 discover.
3. Grammar practice
Do ex. 1, p. 98.
Do ex. 2, p. 98.
Do ex. 3, p. 98.
6. Writing and speaking
Do ex. 4, p. 100.
Do ex. 5, p. 100.
Do ex. 5 (c), p. 102.
Answer the questions.
1. What kind of school do you attend?
2. Are the rules strict there?
3. Do you have to wear a school uniform?
4. Do you usually have much homework to do?
5. Are all the subjects the same to you?
6. Which subjects are you good at? What are your strong subjects?
7. Which subjects are you poor at? Which subjects are difficult for you?
8. Who is your favorite teacher?
9. What course does he or she teach?
10. Why do you like him or her?
Answer the questions. Use them as a plan for your essay about a perfect school.
1. What is a perfect school in your opinion?
2. Do you want to study in a perfect school?
3. Why do you want to study in a perfect school?
4. Do you think that it is important to study in a modern building?
5. Must pupils wear a special uniform at school?
6. Should pupils study several foreign languages?
7. Should pupils have any tests?
8. Should school be a brightly decorated building?