Розробки уроків - Англійська мова 8 клас за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк - 2016 рік
Unit 2. YOUR SCHOOLTIME
Lesson 27. SCHOOL IN MY LIFE
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; удосконалювати навички читання, аудіювання й усного мовлення; розвивати пізнавальні інтереси учнів; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань про освіту в інших країнах.
Answer the questions.
• What is the best thing about going to school?
2. Reading and speaking
Read the text (ex. 6 (a), p. 102).
Work in group (ex. 6 (b), p. 103).
1. When do the lessons start and finish?
2. How many lessons have the pupils got every day?
3. Are there any extra-school activities?
4. Can children join any clubs?
5. Where do you have PE lessons?
6. How long does it take the children to get to the sport centre?
7. Where can children have lunch?
Do ex. 7, p. 104.
Listen to the text and answer the questions.
As for me, I sometimes think that I cannot live without my school and my classmates, but there are days when I would do everything to slip the classes. Let me explain.
For example, yesterday was a typical bad day. I came to school at nine. I overslept and was late for the first lesson. As the teacher of mathematics is very strict he wrote some unpleasant words in my day-book. Then we had Ukrainian. I am not good at learning rules and writing dictations and yesterday we had a test. Of course I failed it and got very upset.
Then we had a break. During the break my friends and I always play football in the gym. We all love running and kicking the ball and nobody likes to stand in the gates. Sure, I was a goalkeeper yesterday. Our team lost and it was all my fault.
After that we had a couple of classes of English. The teacher was explaining a new topic, so nothing bad happened to me. I skipped the last lesson. It was Biology, and I was not ready for it.
However, today was different. I got an excellent mark for a test in Physics, and my best friend invited me for his birthday. The lessons were all very interesting, and I learnt a lot of new things. After classes there was an excursion to the local history museum. We listened to the story about our town.
On the days like today I love my school and my teachers. I understand that teachers help us to learn about the world, and we should be very grateful to them.
1. Did Alex have a nice day yesterday?
2. Was he late for Mathematics?
3. Is he good at Ukrainian?
4. Does he like to stand in the gates?
5. Was he present at Biology?
6. Did the teacher ask him at the English lesson?
7. Why was he late yesterday?
8. What did they have at the Ukrainian lesson?
9. Why did he miss Biology?
10. Why did he like the present day?
11. How did this day finish?
Fill in the gaps with the suitable words.
Upset, breaks, lost, happy, rules, went away
1. He knows ... badly.
2. They usually play football when they have ... .
3. As he played badly his team ... .
4. He ... from Biology.
5. Yesterday Alex was ... .
6. Today Alex was ... .
Do ex. 8, p. 104.
Do ex. 10, p. 97.
Write an essay using the plan below.
• Do you have any problems with discipline at school? Do you like to study? Do you participate in out-of-class activities?
• Describe your relations with the teachers at school. Do you have any conflicts at school? Is there a teacher whose advice you can follow and whose judgment you can trust?
• Can you avoid conflicts with teachers?