Розробки уроків - Англійська мова 8 клас за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк - 2016 рік
Unit 2. YOUR SCHOOLTIME
Lesson 28. IT'S TIME FOR READING
Цілі: формувати лексичні навички і навички вимови; вдосконалювати навички читання й усного мовлення; розвивати логічне мислення; виховувати почуття доброзичливості, а також загальну культуру учнів.
Answer the questions.
1. Do you like all the teachers in your school?
2. Do you think that teachers should be strict?
3. What do you do if the lesson is boring?
4. Are you allowed to do everything you wish at the lessons?
5. Do you keep the school rules?
6. Can you be punished?
7. Do you respect your teachers? What for?
Do ex. 1, p. 106.
Ask pupils to read the text for gist and answer the questions:
1. Who wrote the story?
2. What is the story about?
3. What are the main characters?
3. Vocabulary practice
Ask pupils to read the story again and give English equivalents to the following Ukrainian words and expressions:
• в тиші,
• залишитись живим,
Fill in the gaps.
A penalty, to bomb, to scold, strict, terrible, to depend on, instead of
1. Could I have juice ... cola?
2. My brother is a ... cook.
3. Children ... their parents.
4. The town was heavily ... in World War II.
5. The local farmer always ... the kids.
6. The ... for breaking the window was very ... .
Answer the questions in ex. 2, p. 108.
Cut out and shuffle the parts of the story. Students in pairs have to rearrange the sentences in the correct order.
Miss Dove who taught Geography was very strict
She had such a look that pupils understood her without any words
One day, watching one of the boys at the lesson, she remembered his elder brother, Tomas Baker
Tomas Baker was a sailor and his ship had been bombed by German planes
He had stayed alone on a raft without any food and water for many days
Tomas Baker wrote a letter which his brother Randy decided to read at the lesson
In his letter Tomas described what had happened to him
He wrote that he had stayed alive only thanks to Miss Dove’s look
He remembered how it had been difficult at school and it helped him to overcome the difficulties in the ocean
Then Randy kissed Miss Dove as his brother asked
And nobody laughed because it was like a medal and great appreciation of the teacher
Do ex. 3, p. 109.
Do ex. 4, p. 109.
Start like this: I think Miss Dove thought about Randy’s brother who...
Do ex. 5, p. 109.
Sample questions for a new pupil:
1. Have you got many lessons every day?
2. Are there any labs and workshops in the school?
3. Where does usually PE lesson take place?
4. Is there a football team in school?
5. Are the teachers strict?
6. What rules have you got in your school?
Answer the questions.
1. What’s the most important thing a school should teach children?
2. What is your first memory of school?
3. Were you happy with your school?
4. Why do you think it is that many children don’t like school?
“What I Like Best in School”: What is your favourite part of the school day?
Write a paragraph on what you like the best in school.