Розробки уроків - Англійська мова 8 клас за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк - 2016 рік
Unit 3. YOUR SCHOOLTIME
Lesson 38. AT THE LIBRARY
Цілі: вдосконалювати граматичні навички вживання Passive Voice; вдосконалювати лексичні навички й навички вимови; вдосконалювати навички читання, письма й усного мовлення; розвивати логічне мислення; виховувати позитивне ставлення до читання, а також загальну культуру учнів.
Answer the questions.
1. Is there any library nearby your house?
2. How often do you go to the library?
3. What books can you find there?
4. How long do you usually keep books?
5. Who helps you to choose books?
Do ex. 1, p. 129.
3. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 2, p. 129.
4. Writing and speaking
Do ex. 3, p. 130.
Do ex. 4, p. 131.
Listen to the dialogue and answer the questions.
HOW A MODERN LIBRARY IS ORGANIZED
Librarian. What would you like to know?
Alex. I would be very grateful if you could show me where to find the books about these people.
Librarian. Sure. If you follow me, I’ll show you how our library is organized. Everything that we have in our library you can find listed on our computer system.
Alex. Really? How does it work? How can I find the books I’m looking for?
Librarian. Just type in the name of the author or the title of the book and the computer will tell you where the book is located in the library. It will also give you a short description of the book.
Alex. How convenient!
1. All of the books in the library are listed on the computer, aren’t they?
2. What do you need to type in the computer in order to find a book?
3. What will the computer tell you?
7. Grammar practice
Fill in the gaps with the correct forms of Passive Voice.
1. At the last competition the first prize ... (to win) by our team.
2. Your report must... (to divide) into two chapters.
3. It seems to me that music ... (to hear) from the next room.
4. These issues usually ... (to discuss) at the conference.
5. Yesterday he (to tell) to prepare a speech.
6. The article ... (to publish) last week, if I am not mistaken.
7. The lessons ... (to attend) by all of us.
8. A taxi... (to call) fifteen minutes ago, so we are expecting it any moment.
9. The teacher ... (to introduce) to us only a couple of hours ago, but it seems to us that we’ve known him for years.
10. The rule explained by the teacher at the last lesson ... (to understand) by all of us.
11. The poem was so beautiful that it... (to learn) by everybody.
Key: 1 was won, 2 be divided, 3 is heard, 4 are usually discussed, 5 was told, 6 was published, 7 are attended, 8 was called, 9 was introduced, 10 was understood, 11 was learnt.
Choose the correct form of the verb in brackets to complete the sentences.
1. My friends ... (like / are liked) this place in the city centre very much.
2. What books by Conan Doyle ... (translated / are translated) into Ukrainian?
3. Who ... (protects / is protected) animals?
4. This city ... (is visited / visited) by many tourists.
5. Who ... (gives / is given) bad marks in your class?
6. Our house ... (made / is made) of wood.
7. Our holiday ... (is begun / begins) next week.
8. Pupils ... (are given / give) textbooks by the teacher.
9. This holiday ... (celebrated / is celebrated) at the end of the summer.
Do ex. 6 (b), p. 166.
Complete the dialogue below and act it out.
P1. What kind of books do you like, ... ?
P2. Oh, I like stories about... especially when ... . I’ve just read a very interesting book about ... .
P1. Well, you know what to look for. I’d like to find something ... .
P2. ... , look at the pictures in the book. They tell things about the story. The book covers do, too.
L. Can I help you?
P1. Yes, please. I’d like to read ... .
P2. As for me I prefer ... .
L. Here you are. These are ... . and ... . I think you’ll like these books.
P1. Thanks a lot.
Answer some questions in ex. 10, p. 134.
Write a short paragraph about a library using the questions in ex. 4, p. 131.