Розробки уроків - Англійська мова 8 клас за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк - 2016 рік
Unit 3. YOUR SCHOOLTIME
Lesson 40. MUSIC IS HEARD EVERYWHERE
Цілі: формувати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; формувати навички самостійної роботи зі словником; вдосконалювати навички усного мовлення й читання; розвивати мовну здогадку й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; розвивати пам'ять; прищеплювати любов до музики; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
Answer the questions.
1. What kind of music do you like?
2. What music styles do you prefer?
3. Who’s your favourite singer?
4. What’s your favourite group?
2. Vocabulary practice
Introduce the new vocabulary.
Do ex. 1 (a, b), p. 137.
Do ex. 1 (c), p. 138.
Key: 1 orchestra, 2 conductor, 3 pianist, 4 violinist, 5 cellist, 6 opera singer, 7 composer, 8 by, 9 concert, performing.
4. Vocabulary practice
Do ex. 2, p. 138.
Do ex. 3, p. 139.
Listen to the story and do the task.
HAYDN’S FIRST OPERA
When Haydn was young he was very poor. He made his living by playing the violin in the streets of Vienna. At that time in Vienna there lived a well-known singer named Curtz. One day Haydn and his friends decided to play a serenade under the singer’s windows. Curtz in his room listened to the music. He enjoyed the melody greatly and when Haydn and his friends stopped playing he ran downstairs crying: “Who wrote this music?” “I did” — said Haydn.
“You! Then come upstairs to my room”, said the singer. When they came up-stairs, Curtz said: “Here are the words of an opera. Will you write the music?” Haydn said that he had never written an opera but that he would try. He started working and all went well till he came to a storm at sea. This was a problem.
“How can I put a storm at sea into music? I have never seen the sea”, he said to I himself. He went to Curtz but Curtz couldn’t help him. He tried all kinds of notes but I without success. At last he got angry, crashed his hands down on the piano and cried: I “Dash the storm!” — “That’s just the music we need for opera”, cried Curtz with joy.
I Many years later Haydn laughed when he thought of the storm in his first opera.
I That opera was the beginning of a series of wonderful musical works by Haydn.
True or False.
1. Haydn made his living by playing the violin in the streets of London.
2. He wasn’t poor so he didn’t have to play in the streets of Vienna.
3. Curtz was a famous composer.
4. Curtz heard Haydn’s music by chance and liked it very much.
5. Haydn was proposed to write an opera.
6. Haydn had written some operas before.
7. There were no problems at all with writing music.
8. Haydn and Curtz wrote the music together.
9. The music of storm appeared quite unexpectedly.
10. That was the first Haydn’s experience in writing operas.
Key: 1 F, 2 F, З T, 4 T, 5 T, 6 F, 7 F, 8 F, 9 T, 10 T.
7. Vocabulary practice
Choose the correct answer.
1. There are many music clubs on the Internet where you can ... mp3 files legally for a small fee.
2. The reason why she loves this rock group is because the music has ... .
a) a good beat
b) a concert
c) a mp3 player
3. If you read and understand the ... of the song, you can better understand its message.
b) music review
4. Don’t you think the Maestro ... the orchestra well?
5. He beat the ... like a madman!
a) the drums
b) the trumpet
c) the violin
6. John Lennon ... the lyrics to many of the Beatles’s best songs,
7. Jazz musicians almost always ... their solos.
8. Most professional musicians ... their instruments up to five hours a day!
Key: 1 c, 2 a, 3 c, 4 b, 5 a, 6 c, 7 b, 8 b.
Do ex. 5, p. 140.
Answer the questions.
1. What kind of music do you listen to when you want to dance?
2. What kind of music do you listen to when you are sad?
3. How often do you listen to music?
4. When was the last time you bought a song or album?
5. Do you usually buy albums online or CD’s from the store?
Do ex. 6, p. 140.