Розробки уроків - Англійська мова 8 клас за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк - 2016 рік
Unit 3. YOUR SCHOOLTIME
Lesson 42. ARE YOU INTO MUSIC?
Цілі: вдосконалювати граматичні навички вживання Passive Voice; вдосконалювати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; удосконалювати навички усного мовлення й читання; розвивати мовну здогадку й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; розвивати пам'ять; прищеплювати любов до музики; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
Give the answers to these musical definitions.
1. CD is short for «compact d_ _ _».
2. The music written to accompany a film is a s_ _ _ _t_ _ _ _.
3. A play in which the actors sing the words to music is an о_ _ _ _.
4. Elvis Presley was the king of r_ _ _’n’r_ _ _.
5. When two singers sing together it’s a d_ _ _.
6. A small electronic piano is a k_ _ _ _ _ _ _.
7. A story which is told with music and dancing but without words is a b_ _ _ _ _.
8. An artist who writes and performs his or her own songs is a s_ _ _ _ _-s_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
9. An electronic instrument that can produce many different kinds of sounds is a s_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
10. In a pop group this person is the lead, bass or rhythm g_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
11. A person who writes classical music is a c_ _ _ _ _ _ _.
12. The pop music revolution of the 1970s was called «p_ _ _».
Key: 1 disc, 2 soundtrack, 3 opera, 4 rock’n’roll, 5 duet, 6 keyboard, 7 ballet, 8 singer-songwriter, 9 synthesizer, 10 guitarist, 11 composer, 12 punk.
Work in pairs
Complete the questionnaire about yourself, then ask your partner for his / her views and tell the class about it.
Example: My favourite type of music is ... , but Alex prefers ... .
Favourite type of music
3. Reading and speaking
Read what teenagers from different countries say about music in their lives.
Do all the teens think about music as the part of their life? Write down the expressions how music influences people’s feelings and express your own opinion as for role of music in your life.
Ann (21, the USA). I love music. It is the best thing ever! If I feel sad, I go to my room and listen to music and sing and it makes me feel so much better. Music is a great way of escaping if something is troubling you.
Paul (16, Canada). Music is one of the best things in the life. I can’t imagine life without it. It cheers me up when I feel sad, it motivates me, it gives me energy.
Magda (14, Norway). Music means the world to me. I love listening to it, playing it and writing it. It transports me to my own little world. I can’t imagine life without it!
Leo (15, UK). Music doesn’t mean much to me, as it doesn’t really do anything to your brain!
Kate (15, Australia). Many people might be surprised but I don’t really love music. I don’t have a really favourite singer. I am not saying I don’t like music. But not as much as some people do.
Jessica (16, USA). I’m addicted to music! I play the electric guitar and keyboard and one day I’m hoping to be a professional musician. Music always makes me happy especially when I’m feeling down.
4. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 6, p. 145.
5. Grammar practice
Introduce the rule (p. 146).
Do ex. 1, p. 146.
Do ex. 2, 4, p. 147.
Do ex. 3, p. 147.
Do ex. 5, p. 148.