Розробки уроків - Англійська мова 8 клас за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк - 2016 рік
Unit 4. A DAILY, A WEEKLY, A MONTHLY
Lesson 53. FAVOURITE MAGAZINES
Цілі: вдосконалювати лексичні и граматичні навички; вдосконалювати навички читання й усного мовлення; розвивати культуру спілкування й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; розвивати пам'ять; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань і позитивне ставлення до читання періодичних видань.
Answer the questions.
1. What is your favourite magazine?
2. Why do you like it?
3. What does it write about?
4. What do you like to read about most?
5. Do you usually find everything you like in your magazine?
6. Do you subscribe to it?
7. If not, how often do you buy it?
Do ex. 1, p. 194.
3. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 3, p. 195.
Answer the questions.
1. Who’s bored with politics?
2. Who’s interested in fashion?
3. Who knows quite a lot about music and singers’ lives?
4. Who likes reading something funny?
5. Who’s keen on playing computer games?
6. Who doesn’t like reading newspapers?
4. Speaking and writing
Do ex. 5, p. 197.
Write a short paragraph about a magazine using the cues from the exercise.
Read the information about the Ukrainian newspapers and characterize the content of each one.
WHO DOES EACH NEWSPAPER ADDRESS TO?
Zerkalo Nedeli (Dzerkalo Tyzhnia), a broadsheet, usually referred to in English as the Mirror Weekly, is one of Ukraine’s most influential analytical newspapers published weekly in Kiev, the nation’s capital. It was founded in 1994. It offers political analysis, original interviews, and opinions on 32 pages. Originally published in Russian, since 2002 it was fully translated for the Ukrainian edition. Also, since 2001, the main articles are also published in an online English-language version. All three language editions and the archives are freely available online.
Uryadovy Kuryer is the national daily newspaper published by the executive branch of Ukraine. Founded in 1990, the paper published in Ukrainian, and is consistently among the top three newspapers by subscription. The Kuryer covers political, economic, cultural and sporting developments in Ukraine and around the world. However, the newspaper’s principal focus is the work of the President and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
Ukrayina Moloda is a daily Ukrainian-language newspaper based in Kiev. It represents the political opposition and caters to a younger audience. It offers both domestic and international news reporting, analysis, and interviews.
Silski Visti is a Kiev-based daily newspaper written in Ukrainian. Founded in 1920, it is read amongst the rural population.
Holos Ukrayiny is a Ukrainian daily newspaper published in Kiev. The paper is an official voice of Verkhovna Rada, partially funded by the state.
Delovaya Stolitsa is one of Ukraine’s main business newspapers published weekly in Russian. It contains news and analytics about Ukrainian political life, economy, banks, companies & markets, real estate.
6. Grammar practice
Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
1. Please be quiet. I ... (try) to read my book.
2. ... (you/hear) the bad news? Simon ... (break) his leg!
3. She always ... (remember) my birthday.
4. Mr Brown ... (work) in a supermarket.
5. Shakespeare ... a lot of plays.
6. I ... (not/use) the computer at the moment so you can use it.
7. I’m so tired. — Don’t worry! I ... (help) you.
8. She ... (not/read) the book because she ... (not/be) very interested in that author.
9. Now I... (read) the magazine you lent me. I... (not/finish) yet.
10. By the time I got home they ... (eat) all the cake.
11. Why ... (not/wear) shorts? It’s so hot today.
12. I ... (just/remember) something.
13. Ruth ... (be) a vegetarian. She ... (not/eat) meat or fish.
14. Tom ... (not/come) to the office yesterday because he ... (be) ill.
15. I ... (lose) my wallet. Have you seen it anywhere?
16. His flat was really dirty. He obviously ... (not/clean) it for weeks.
17. Jane ... (repair) her bike. She ... (know) exactly what to do.
Key: 1 am trying, 2 Have you heard, has broken, 3 remembers, 4 works, 5 wrote, 6 am not using, 7 ’ll help, 8 hasn’t read, isn’t interested, 9 am reading, haven’t finished, 10 had eaten, 11 aren’t you wearing, 12 have just remembered, 13 is, doesn’t eat, 14 didn’t come, was, 15 have lost, 16 hadn’t cleaned, 17 is repairing, knows.
Do ex. 8, p. 198.
Do ex. 4, p. 196.
Do ex. 1, p. 199.