Розробки уроків - Англійська мова 8 клас за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк - 2016 рік
Unit 1. IT'S YOUR LIFE
Lesson 5. FRIENDS AND FRIENDSHIP
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; удосконалювати навички усного мовлення й читання; розвивати мовну здогадку й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати відповідальне ставлення до сім'ї та друзів.
Listen to the poems about friends and friendship. Do you agree with the authors? Express your opinion as for friendship and real friends.
Friendship is a thing for two,
Three or four, even more,
Like a song that is made to sing.
Friendship is a doing thing.
Friends are people who share,
Friends are people who care.
They try to understand.
They give a helping hand.
Do ex. 1, p. 21.
3. Vocabulary practice
Complete the sentences.
1. I told him it was a bad idea, but Dave’s so ... that he just never listens.
2. My sister’s really ... . She’s always buying things for her friends.
3. Let us be kind and ... and not to be unkind and hurt other people.
4. How can you be so ... ?
5. The managers were very ... and helpful.
6. Her parents are ... . She isn’t allowed to go hiking.
7. You are so ...! You have never liked any hotel!
Key: 1 stubborn, 2 generous, 3 thoughtful, 4 selfish, 5 polite, 6 overprotective, 7 complaining.
Do ex. 2, p. 22.
5. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 4, 5, p. 22.
Answer the questions.
1. Who is your best friend?
2. What does your friend look like? (My friend is ... . His/her hair is ... . He /she has ... and ... . He /she wears ... . He/she looks like ... .)
3. What is your friend like?
4. What do you do together?
5. Why do you like your friend?
My best friend Brenda is a sociable person. She’s never boring. She’s always in a good mood. Brenda is tall and thin. Her black hair is short. Brenda enjoys sport and she looks like an athlete. Brenda is a good-looking girl and she wears nice clothes. She’s warm-hearted, generous and confident. She always keeps her promises.
What does she look like?
What is she like? (character)
She’s tall and thin.
She’s got black hair.
She looks like an athlete.
She’s never boring.
She’s warm-hearted, generous and confident
Does appearance matter much for you? I don’t care if a person is tall or short.
I don’t care
if a person
It doesn’t matter
Do ex. 6, p. 23.
8. Writing and speaking
Do ex. 7, p. 24.
1. Why doesn’t Luke want to go to the Centre Activity at first? (He doesn’t like meeting new people.)
2. What does Tara look like? (She’s tall and thin with long curly hair.)
3. What is she like? (She’s nice.)
4. What does Lee like? (Music)
Do ex. 3, p. 22.
Do ex. 8, p. 24.