Розробки уроків - Англійська мова 8 клас за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк - 2016 рік
Unit 4. A DAILY, A WEEKLY, A MONTHLY
Lesson 63. LOOK AT THE MAP
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички усного мовлення и читання; розвивати мовну здогадку й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; розвивати пам'ять та пізнавальні інтереси учнів; виховувати інтерес до іноземної мови, подорожування.
Do ex. 10, p. 229.
Do ex. 11, p. 229.
3. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 12, p. 229.
Do ex. 13, p. 230.
5. Writing and speaking
Do ex. 14, p. 231.
Do ex. 15, p. 231.
You may use questions from ex. 16, p. 232.
Read the text and do the tasks.
THE WELSH MIND AND CHARACTER
The Welsh are a nation and they are conscious of it. However similar they may be in appearance, as soon as they begin to speak the difference is clear. The Welsh are quick and impetuous in speech. They are highly-gifted in the art of self-expression in words, they speak fluently and confidently. They are not afraid of being poetic in speech, of using bright and pictorial descriptions of men and events in ordinary conversation.
The Welsh like listening to good speaking and they are critical as an audience.
They are a nation of singers. Wherever they meet, they sing. There is no need to «arrange» singing, it will happen spontaneously and it will be good. This customs dates back to a period long before any written music was available to the people. You will not travel far in Wales without finding a choir. Even in small villages men and women gather together to practice singing and then a public performance of the works they have learnt. Sometimes members of smaller choirs unite to form one big choir and to give a series of festival performances of choral works. Only rare these choirs have a professional conductor. Each village or town choir can find a local musician capable of conducting it.
The standard of singing is high and the love of good music is widespread.
The Welsh are especially proud of their language. When you travel you can see road signs in Welsh all over Wales.
Most Welshmen speak both Welsh and English, and there is literature in two languages. Welsh literature has an ancient history and has made its contribution to the legends of King Arthur in Britain. Prose, romance and poetry are its chief glory. Novels and short stories in Welsh, Welsh periodicals, books on research and history, books on poetry — these all are being produced at an ever increasing rate. The love of reading is widespread in Wales.
True or false.
1. We can differentiate the Welsh from the English by appearance.
2. The Welsh are proud of their nation.
3. Their speech is calm and slow.
4. The Welshmen’s speech is extremely expressive and poetic.
5. They often use pictorial descriptions in ordinary speech.
6. The Welsh enjoy listening to a good speech.
7. They are not critical.
8. They enjoy singing.
9. Most Welshmen speak Welsh and English.
10. The literature is published only in Welsh.
Answer the questions.
1. Do the Welsh differ much in appearance from their neighbours in Britain?
2. Are the Welsh proud of their nation?
3. What can the Welsh be told by from the English?
4. What is their speech like?
5. What is special of their speech?
6. Do the Welsh like to listen to good speaking?
7. Are they critical as an audience?
8. What is their attitude to the language?
9. Do they like singing?
10. What is the contribution of Welsh literature to the national culture?
Do ex. 16, p. 232.
Write a paragraph about any British city you know well. Say where it is, what it is like and if it is famous for anything.